Shoutbox

If ppl are talkin about ya - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: If ppl are talkin about ya (/showthread.php?tid=29764)

If ppl are talkin about ya by Darrenthomas80 on 08-10-2004 at 10:46 PM

U see if any 1 wants to nick this idea u can ;)

If sum 1 can make a plugin where u can detect when some 1 is talking about u to other people. such as if ur name pops up in sum 1 else's convo (something like that)

And the MSN lets u kno when its happening.
Then it could sper on a relationship/friendship (if the person is saying something nice) :D

Or.. it could start a argument (if your online contact buddy say's something nasty) (N)

I would like to see somthing like that or simalr to that. It would be so cool (A)

Cheers anyway let me kno wot u think :D:D

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Kryptonate on 08-10-2004 at 10:50 PM

it would be illegal because it would have to check what is being said all the time. Also, it would be impossible to do because how are you going to let it scan the messages? that would involve hacking the server which is, again, illegal.

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Omar on 08-10-2004 at 10:50 PM

I think that invasion to other people's privacy...

Plus...only paranoid losers will want to know when other people is talking about them.... :P

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by doughboyy on 08-10-2004 at 10:51 PM

1. that wouldnt be possible because you wouldnt be able to detect something that your contact is doing that isnt related to you
2. thats stalking
3. wrong forum

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by cooldude_i06 on 08-11-2004 at 03:05 AM

worst idea ever :(

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by dotNorma on 08-11-2004 at 03:36 AM

Thats tottally illegal. It would have to spy on every conversation that EVER went on so it would spy on millions of conversations every single second. And its an invasion of privacy for obvious reasons :-/

Besides its impossible to implement unless by MSN themselves.

[Image: ThrdScks.PNG]

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by saadi on 08-11-2004 at 04:36 AM

Hey Darren , I think U have a full plan of making the plugin maker a criminal :) ................ (y)

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by MC Inferno on 08-11-2004 at 04:41 PM

despit it being illegal and etc. i do like it (H but it can't be done :'(

I'm a paranoid loser... :'(

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Anubis on 08-11-2004 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
ut it can't be done
If the person you think was talking about you installed a plugin that every time they talked about you, by saying a certain word, automatically opened a convocation window with you and pasted that message into the new convocation and sent it. That would be possible...
With the obvious problem of, who would install a plugin that did that? And to get them to install it you'd have to trick them which is morally wrong...so sorry I doubt anyone here will officially make that...
RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by MC Inferno on 08-11-2004 at 06:23 PM

Nobody would offically make that no. Although I would try it if someone made it :P i'm a nosy bastard all right ? lol

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Menthix on 08-11-2004 at 06:24 PM

Anubis.. you are describing a keylogger/trojan now. Which is very wrong and won't be allowed in Plus! or any Plus! Plugin. Not even talking about that it would be illegal. So this feature is and will be impossible without breaking the law.

To be honest i think people who use keyloggers (that's basicly what this will be too) are sad people who should get a life. Even when it comes down to parents that monitor their childeren to "ensure they won't do bad things on the net".  Whatever happened to "trust, privacy and good human to human conversations?

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Anubis on 08-11-2004 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
you are describing a keylogger/trojan now
No I am not, please read the post more carefully. It's not a keylogger because no keys are being logged, it works differently. And a trojan similarly with a possible method of deployment, however it does not gain any control. If the other contact voluntarily put that theoretical plugin on it would be legal...
RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Menthix on 08-11-2004 at 07:32 PM

Well, it would still have to log the name of the contact (keys...) and send them to you. Which is a form of keylogging. I'm aware it won't log every key and message typed though, so we're probally both half-right :).

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by bungleMX on 08-11-2004 at 07:53 PM

for me all this about is just a key logger, many of them don't record anything untill one certain word is typeit down and send an automatically email to you I use chatwatch.

RE: RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by ZrednaZ on 08-11-2004 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Thats tottally illegal. It would have to spy on every conversation that EVER went on so it would spy on millions of conversations every single second.

How do you come to that conclusion? It would obviously 'only' have to monitor every convo your contacts had...

(not that I support the idea of making a plugin like this at all :p)
RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by MC Inferno on 08-11-2004 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
How do you come to that conclusion? It would obviously 'only' have to monitor every convo your contacts had...

(not that I support the idea of making a plugin like this at all :p)

That's the illegal bit mate. :)
RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by dotNorma on 08-12-2004 at 02:04 AM

Well , I guess it could be contacts only. That changes it a whole lot....

Let me flip through my law book here....

Ohhh , It would seem that its STILL ILLEGAL :cheesy:

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by Jingizu on 08-15-2004 at 12:19 AM

still if u are going the hard way(hacking MSN messanger chatserver) it would make u to SCAN all email for the contacts u want, i can see atleast 2 breakings of the law, and to get into the server(s?) you'd had to nmap/portscan microsoft, and thats probably as far as u get before they sue your ass ;)

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by ayjay on 09-23-2004 at 03:06 PM

I know it is a bad habit to post on old threads but...
If you wanted it to tell you anytime anyone mentioned your name (for example Dom (moi!)), can you imagine how many people are typing dom in msn messenger in the entire world? probably at least once every 30 seconds

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by jpg050 on 09-23-2004 at 10:05 PM

In my times, we used to sneeze when someone was talking about us... You could install some spit-sensors in the screen and... :P

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by ScaryMovieFan on 09-24-2004 at 01:01 AM

Well how about a plug in which sends you a persons conversation history lol...

still find out of they have been talking about u!

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by marissa on 09-24-2004 at 01:41 AM

that would be like, sending you a bunch of emails of saying "carl was talking about you!" you probably dont know who carl is, carl coul dbe in china and you could live in canada, if this is how it would work if it was a good idea haha. :grin:

anyways, id absolutly hate that option...totally stupid, no offence, this wouldnt only be to your privlage, you could be saying "omg liek becky had such bad like bo today!!! LOLOLOLOL" and then they could hear it to, fights all over the world, the headlines of the sunday star...

"MSN ADD-ON, MESSENGER PLUS! STARTS A WORLD WAR!!! see page b2 for the story"

RE: If ppl are talkin about ya by realrobley on 09-25-2004 at 10:33 PM

Thats not good .. [Image: tsktsk.gif]

[Image: exclamation.gif]We call them Trojans ... A "Keystroke sniffer" or "text capture" plug-in is only way thats possible, and would be an envasion of privacy, and wrong on many levels, Sounds like your worried about what people are saying, why not just ask them "are you talking about me?" and if they are ask them politely to paste the convo to you.

[Image: SelectEmployee.gif]Realrobley