Shoutbox

Norton AV - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Norton AV (/showthread.php?tid=29784)

Norton AV by GiantSpider on 08-11-2004 at 11:01 AM

Is there a way to download the updates without using LiveUpdate 'cos that doesn't seem to want to work. :/

RE: Norton AV by aNILEator on 08-11-2004 at 11:09 AM

;-)you mean your license has run out so that live update doesn't work ;-)

RE: Norton AV by GiantSpider on 08-11-2004 at 11:11 AM

No I bought it yesterday.

RE: Norton AV by Tochjo on 08-11-2004 at 11:13 AM

Would http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.html be of help?

RE: Norton AV by GiantSpider on 08-11-2004 at 11:16 AM

Might possibly be if and when my two browser's decide to let me on it.

RE: Norton AV by Eljay on 08-11-2004 at 04:36 PM

does it just not work or do you get some sort of error code?

RE: Norton AV by Kryptonate on 08-11-2004 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Might possibly be if and when my two browser's decide to let me on it.
if your browsers don't let you access the site, I would send an e-mail to Symantec, could be something with your IP ... Are you using a firewall?
RE: Norton AV by GiantSpider on 08-11-2004 at 06:18 PM

No not using a firewall. And yeah i get error code I'll post it later on.

RE: Norton AV by Dane on 08-11-2004 at 06:27 PM

No, you cannot.  for the last time, CONTACT SYMANTEC TECHNICAL SUPPORT, if you just bought it, you have FREE online support for as long as you own it, so contact them, they can help ya know.

RE: RE: Norton AV by Hank on 08-15-2004 at 02:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
No, you cannot.  for the last time, CONTACT SYMANTEC TECHNICAL SUPPORT, if you just bought it, you have FREE online support for as long as you own it, so contact them, they can help ya know.

IMO Symantec's online free support is shit. iv'e tried it . i no longer use Symantec.. IMo i'd Buy Trend Micro antivirus  but i Use VET which is  Australiian. an i think also has a company in america also.  but if you want good Support from Symantec Get ya Credit card out an Ring there tech support number :) .  also try this URL out to download Virus Definition Updates

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html
RE: Norton AV by DJeX on 08-15-2004 at 04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane

Well if he wanted to contact Symantec he wouldn’t be posting here.

And even with the downloaded versions of NSW, all the live updates work. So it doesn’t matter if it is downloaded or not they will work.

Except for GiantSpider's lol. I have had my live update not work before too. What I used to do is go onto the Norton site www.norton.com and download the latest virus definitions from the link Tochjo gave you http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.html. *Note you cannot download the program updates off the Norton site; it can only be done by live update. What I would do is email Symantec and tell them your live update does not work. They may send you the live update program to reinstall, like they did with me. OR if you have the Norton CD try reinstalling it. And if your really stuck try searching Google. Or call up Symantec.

RE: Norton AV by anand on 08-15-2004 at 04:41 AM

there may be some virus on your system denying you access to norton virus. I saw this type of problem earler also when norton was not able to detect virus and it denied access to norton site.

RE: Norton AV by DJeX on 08-15-2004 at 06:28 AM

anand is right, I had the same problem. It's useally a trojan which blocks all major antivirus sites like Norton, Mc Afee, ext. Had it happen to me once. Scan for viruses when you get a chance.

RE: Norton AV by GiantSpider on 08-15-2004 at 01:50 PM

Look whatever i'm not bothered anymore. I'll get the nice people from PC world to sort it for me cos that's what i pay em to do.