Shoutbox

KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread (/showthread.php?tid=29809)

KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-11-2004 at 07:29 PM

Hello to everyone! :)

In here you may post anything related to the working BETA 3 version of KSMAS running on my server like bugs, first impressions, suggestions, ideas, complaints,... anything really.

At the moment the only testers are:

• Peri
  • Omar
  • Ipab Atokanniv
  • leejeffery
  • toddy
  • Chrono
  • XxRebelSeanxX
  • lopardo
  • leito.gt
  • atownjoe
  • wu_tang
(although some of them have not activated their accounts yet :P)

All example URLs will be done with MetalGear (our dummie user). This is its dynamic avatar: [Image: MetalGear.png]

Some testers may have experienced some problems in the first couple of hours of activity since I tried to make a major structural change (storing images into individual folders).

So, what's new?

For users:

- Safe activation of account using an unique code.
- A new HTTP login that makes it easier to login (no html must be loaded)
- The option to use http://www.keystorm.net/index.php/MetalGear.png as the dynamic avatar.
- A link for logging out in public computers or just for changing the account.
- An improved file managing (flagging appending with (1), (2), ... to files with the same name, like windows does)
- A random based in milliseconds.

As admin, you could:

- Add/remove users
- Uninstall KSMAS (not finished yet)

Here go all changes done during current test phase:

- ADDED: logout page
- ADDED: folders for every user where the files are stored into (directory listing is yet to be avoided)
- ADDED: new URL format: KSMAS/index.php/MetalGear (Ipab)
- FIXED: piece of old code removed in manager.inc.php (Sean)
- ADDED: protection for included files from being executed individually.
- FIXED: Security flaw produced by logging out on a new tab and using the manager on another.

Have fun testing the new KSMAS! :)
RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by RebelSean on 08-11-2004 at 08:40 PM

Awesome work bro.(y)

First thing I was like, hey it sounds like a good script, and I was right. Nice work KeyStorm. Thanks for sharing this awesome work wit us.:)

EDIT:KeyStorm, I was trying to upload some pictures and I got this:

Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/manager.inc.php on line 11

Help?

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-11-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Warning: Wrong datatype for first argument in call to array_key_exists in /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/manager.inc.php on line 11
This is really weird, but it should be ok now. (Y)
RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by ipab on 08-11-2004 at 08:48 PM

thanks for implementing my suggestion, great, no glitches yet (Y)

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by leito on 08-11-2004 at 10:11 PM

working great...

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by Chrono on 08-11-2004 at 11:38 PM

its working great Keystorm (Y)

btw, if i enter the manager through this link: http://keystorm.net/KSMAS/index.php/
it wont display the avatars i have already uloaded (i mean, itwill show the red X instead :P)

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by RebelSean on 08-11-2004 at 11:52 PM

Erm, KeyStorm I am STILL getting the error wene uploading pictures. Here is the error this time:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/output.inc.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/output.inc.php:16) in /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/output.inc.php on line 26

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by banky on 08-12-2004 at 12:42 AM

Great WORK man nothing wrong yet.

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by RebelSean on 08-12-2004 at 02:10 AM

KeyStorm, I keep getting the same thing wene I try and upload images. I have Windows 98, Internet Explorer 6.0. :) Please help me out hurr bro. lol

RE: RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by banky on 08-12-2004 at 02:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
KeyStorm, I keep getting the same thing wene I try and upload images. I have Windows 98, Internet Explorer 6.0. :) Please help me out hurr bro. lol

i have 98 so its not 98
umm ill try doing it on me ie

EDIT: sean u suck it works on my IE lol
RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-12-2004 at 02:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
btw, if i enter the manager through this link: http://keystorm.net/KSMAS/index.php/
it wont display the avatars i have already uloaded (i mean, itwill show the red X instead )

It should return a 404 now (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by wu_tang
Erm, KeyStorm I am STILL getting the error wene uploading pictures. Here is the error this time:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/output.inc.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/output.inc.php:16) in /home/www/web12/html/KSMAS/include/output.inc.php on line 26

Erm Sean, let me tell you a couple of things:

- You were trying to upload? Well, output.inc.php is only included when it's time to show the avatar, nwhere else.... :rolleyes:

- Still? Looks fairly different from the last error you got. :rolleyes:

- Erm.... Sean, you dont need to "erm" me each time you post some problem... :dodgy:

Now to the problem.

I've seen you caused the script to fail several times and in several ways because the session got closed whe it shouldn't and the only possible explanation to that error is that session keep closing themselves.
This can be caused by a couple of things: Opening pages in new windows or waiting too much so that the server kills the session.
Sessions rely mainly on the server, but a session is defined by an instance of the browser which has a unique id (you may have as many sessions as browsers open even without changing your IP). I've heard of browser mods that change the session-id somehow. If this is the case I can't do anyithing to help it. Just tell you to uninstall that crap.
I don't think there can't be any other explanation, though. :-/
RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by RebelSean on 08-12-2004 at 02:58 AM

KeyStorm, it is now workin. I just uploaded a few images. I wasn't doing anythign but tryin to upload .png's and .gif's. Nothing else. I wasn't opening anything or doing anything wene uploading the images. I just picked them out of my computer and hit upload. But now tis workin :-)

Btw Wu-Tang didn't quote that 2nd quote I did. :D

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-12-2004 at 03:07 AM

Btw, use the KSMAS avatar as avatar in here, as I asked you in the conditions.

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by Omar on 08-12-2004 at 04:42 AM

I already told this to KS... but Im gonna post it anyway.... :refuck:

I think a feature that allows you to add X quantity of fields so you can upload more than 3 images at once should be added to the script....

I find it very annoying uploading images 3 at a time.... :P

Thats it....

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-12-2004 at 11:40 AM

I imagined someone would come out with this. Since it is like a serve-sensible setting I'll leave the settingo to the admin, who may choose between 1 and 10. I'm implementing that soon to the working version.

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-12-2004 at 06:59 PM

I'm gonna start building the setup file.
I will try to release it today, since I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I won't be back until like mid-september (unless I get to an internet café or something).

If you have something to say, say it now or stfu forever :P

I'll have dinner in the meanwhile and then I'll start building it. Wish me luck! ;)

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by ipab on 08-12-2004 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
it wont display the avatars i have already uloaded (i mean, itwill show the red X instead )

It should return a 404 now (Y)

It doesnt, the red x's still show up, its been fixed

Omar i realli like ur idea

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by KeyStorm on 08-13-2004 at 02:10 AM

Well, it's done!

Omar's idea (which I also like, btw ;)) will have to wait until BETA 4 (Or what could be RC1 maybe :rolleyes:).

Check this out: KeyStorm's reply to [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - BETA 3 Released! (2004-08-13)

RE: KSMAS "live pre-release test" thread by banky on 08-13-2004 at 05:30 AM

u  might wanna change the pre relase testers to The Don instead of wu_tang