Shoutbox

Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window (/showthread.php?tid=29812)

Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-11-2004 at 08:38 PM

i hate all  those annoying popups blocking all the room on ur screen!!! i know someone made  tabbed window for messages but im looking for one that looks good and is ifficiant! meaning... it will auto fit in the window, it looks good, u exit close tabs, and lastly make it simple i hate ones that lag up your computer!!!

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by Tochjo on 08-11-2004 at 08:45 PM

For a list of all plug-ins currently capable of tabbing your conversation windows, take a look at CookieRevised's reply to A window for all plugin? :)

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by RebelSean on 08-11-2004 at 08:46 PM

Try the latest SPNG. I believe it has all these features.

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by bungleMX on 08-11-2004 at 08:47 PM

StuffPlug-NG works perfect to me!

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by Stigmata on 08-11-2004 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cameno forums
How Cameno works - Originally Posted by Gildan

I wanted to write this so that there would be an understanding of how the program works in the background to eliminate some confusion.

How Cameno Works:

Cameno uses two techniques to do its job: The Messenger API and normal window hooking through Windows API calls.

When you sign into MSN Messenger, a variable must be declared by Cameno so that it will recieve events from MSN Messenger. This variable can only be declared when the user is signed in, or there will be an error. Once signed in, the user can sign out and sign back in, and the variable will remain active, because it was declared when the user was signed in.

Once the variable is declared, code written in the OnIMWindowCreated sub is called when an IM window is opened. Cameno takes the new IM window and removes the window border (the title bar and the minimize/maximize/close buttons, etc.) from it, places it inside itself, and creates a tab.

When the user closes the tabbed window, Cameno hides it until a new window is opened.

Since the variable can only be declared when MSN Messenger is signed in, Cameno must detect if the user is signed in. After a bit of searching, I discovered that when MSN signs in, a hidden window titled "EchoPortManagerWnd" is opened by MSN. So Cameno simply waits for this window to open, then it loads the tabbed window (hidden) and declares the API variable. When the EchoPortManagerWnd window closes, Cameno notes that you are signed off, but leaves the windows open (because you could have been disconnected from the Internet). If MSN is exited, Cameno closes the tabbed window and waits for MSN Messenger to re-open. If Cameno were at this point to close completely, next time you started MSN Messenger, you would have no tabs.

Therefore, in order for seamless operation with MSN Messenger, Cameno must remain running at all times.

Also, because Cameno's only interaction with MSN Messenger is to pull over the IM windows and get notified through the API, it cannot interfere with any other addons that you install, unless they play with the IM windows. Therefore, if you are having a problem, do not uninstall Cameno: there are no problems that can be fixed by uninstalling, and there is nothing to uninstall except the Cameno.exe file.

This is the ideal and normal operation of Cameno: running silently in the background, creating and destroying the tabbed window as needed with no user interation in the least.

If it does not operate in this manner, then there is a bug present, not any lack of features. If you get Cameno to not display the tabs, please try to recreate what you were doing and post a note in the Bug Reports forum.

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-12-2004 at 08:45 AM

uhmmm im trying the tabbed msn and i click enable and its not doing anything?? where can i get information??

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-12-2004 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Can be skinned, has sounds, etc... Also more stable then Cameno...

author: Wouter
thread on msgplus forums: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22814

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-12-2004 at 11:02 AM

its says u need windows 4 or something like that what do i do

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by RebelSean on 08-12-2004 at 09:16 PM

Windows 4+> Windows 98 and above I beleive or maby its windows 95+

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by Black_Forky on 08-12-2004 at 10:36 PM

I think he is talking about windows messenger

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 08:34 AM

no im talking about msn

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bud
no im talking about msn

quote:
Originally posted by Bud
its says u need windows 4 or something like that what do i do
Windows 4? What you need for Tabbed MSN to work is Windows Messenger 4.x installed..... And Tabbed MSN is for MSN Messenger... Only MSN Messenger (and some plugins) need the Windows Messenger API to be able to work.
More detailed info:
EvilSeph's reply to Whats the difference Between Windows Messenger Or MSN Messenger? and further posts
CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger

But, please, for further questions about Tabbed MSN go to Tabbed MSN

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Windows 4+> Windows 98 and above I beleive or maby its windows 95+
This made absolutely no sense at all and made only every post after yours very very confussing to the topposter... If you don't know what you're talking about then don't post (this isn't the first time!)....

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 12:00 PM

ok listen i use msn messenger 6.2 when i download the tabbed msn then install it it says i need windows 4 or something like that!!!

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bud
ok listen i use msn messenger 6.2 when i download the tabbed msn then install it it says i need windows 4 or something like that!!!
be always clear in your posts: "it needs Windows 4 or something like that" isn't very clear, state the EXACT message. If we would reply with "you need to do something" that wouldn't be realy helpfull, isn't it? :D

Second, my reply about the confussing was to XxRebelSeanxX, not to you. (I wouldn't quote a message of XxRebelSeanxX if I wanted to reply to you ;))

Third, as I stated before, you have a specific problem with Tabbed MSN, so please go to Tabbed MSN and post there AFTER you've completely read the thread, as that is the specific thread about that program...

Also, do NOT double post, this is not allowed!
RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 01:10 PM

hey ill send u a screenshot can i have ur msnger?

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 01:12 PM

post the screenshot in
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22814

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 01:13 PM

i cant.. i didnt upload it to the internet..
aadd me im neon00b@hotmail.com   just delete me afterwards

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 01:20 PM

yes you can.... you can attach a file to a post, you don't need to upload it to a site....

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 01:21 PM

sry to be so annoying but where??

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 01:31 PM

Don't reply so fast... lol... I was making a screenshot to show you :p

When you create a post, at the bottom you can browse for a file to attach. So, just press the browse button and browse for your screenshot.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=291124]

Also, make sure that you don't post a .BMP screenshot, but convert it to a JPG or GIF first in your grpahics editor. Also, crop the screenshot before you attach it, not the entire screen is needed...

Furthermore, can't you just type over the message that it says?

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 05:46 PM

i dont have that bar... i think u have to gain a sertain amount of stars or be an official member

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by Tochjo on 08-13-2004 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bud
i think u have to gain a sertain amount of stars or be an official member
You do have that bar :p
Click the [Image: newreply.gif] button instead of typing it in quick reply, or click the Preview button ;)
RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by .Roy on 08-13-2004 at 06:19 PM

wow all of u care so much :-D thanks a lot everyone ok here is the screenie:$

RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by CookieRevised on 08-14-2004 at 05:54 AM

quote:
But, please, for further questions about Tabbed MSN go to Tabbed MSN
quote:
post the screenshot in
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22814
All to difficult I suppose?

anyways, I only going to reply very shortly because of that :p

It is like we said "Windows Messenger 4" that is missing.... So install that, you proberly had deleted or disabled it before... http://Messenger.microsoft.com/

For more info about Tabbed MSN please please PLEASE go to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22814 and read that complete thread and post further questions there ;)
RE: Can anyone make a tabbed msnger window by Menthix on 08-14-2004 at 12:46 PM

MSN Messenger depends on Windows Messenger, that's because of the way they programmed MSN Messenger. The fact that you don't have to run Windows Messenger visible with the icon in your systray doesn't mean that you don't need Wnidows Messenger installed for some parts of MSN.