Shoutbox

Suggestion/Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Suggestion/Request (/showthread.php?tid=29825)

Suggestion/Request by RebelSean on 08-12-2004 at 02:34 AM

How about a counter in your profile like "XxRebelSeanxX has viewed 100,000 threads". Like a  view thread counter. Wene you view a thread your count goes up. Also what about a thread counter. A counter were it counts the number of threads you have posted?

I know it sounds dodgy but I would like it added. Personaly in my profile or somewere. :)

RE: Suggestion/Request by marissa on 08-12-2004 at 03:16 AM

that would be a lot :undecided: people could just be refreshing the page  and it would add a count (maybe)

RE: Suggestion/Request by Chrono on 08-12-2004 at 03:20 AM

i dont like ur idea tbh :P

RE: Suggestion/Request by Omar on 08-12-2004 at 04:56 AM

I dont see the point for that useless feature... :undecided:

RE: Suggestion/Request by .blade// on 08-12-2004 at 02:44 PM

Wouldn't that just be extra useless code that makes it worse on new plus! release weeks, causing the servers not just to crash, but actually explode?

...:refuck: ;)

RE: Suggestion/Request by RebelSean on 08-12-2004 at 09:19 PM

Erm, it shouldn't be  that big on the server, and plus we should/already are getting a new server. I think my idea rocks!

RE: Suggestion/Request by Johnny_Mac on 08-12-2004 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Erm, it shouldn't be  that big on the server, and plus we should/already are getting a new server. I think my idea rocks!
:lol: @ ROCKS!

Uhh... sean, I dont mind new ideas, as long as you justify a reason for having them. And "I think it would be cool" doesnt count. :refuck:

Otherwise its T&T for this thread. :P
RE: Suggestion/Request by RebelSean on 08-12-2004 at 10:58 PM

Sry, I'll explain more....

I would like them added becouse I would like to know how many threads I have viewed and posted. I think that I would have alot of them.

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
that would be a lot :undecided: people could just be refreshing the page  and it would add a count (maybe)

There also could be a block on it. Like it wount go up if you view it 5x in so many min or sec.
RE: Suggestion/Request by CookieRevised on 08-12-2004 at 11:58 PM

hmmmm..... a count in how many times you viewed a thread...... let's count for me.... reading +- every minute another thread x 6 hours/day on avarage x almost a year on this forum.....

Although it would be "nice" to see this figure once, it wouldn't really add anything usefull, and you wouldn't gain anything from it, or learn from it... So I see no use really...

The same for the amount of threads your started....

btw, did you know you could look at only the threads you've posted in, or the list of posts you've made (and still are on the forum)? if substract all the posts with "re: something" you'll get your number of started threads (still on this forum)....

RE: Suggestion/Request by Johnny_Mac on 08-13-2004 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
substract all the posts with "re: something" you'll get your number of started threads (still on this forum)....
This works on split/merged threads and titles being removed by the user? Os would this just be for an estimate?

RE: Suggestion/Request by RebelSean on 08-13-2004 at 12:04 AM

I honestly do think this should be added. I would love for it to be added becouse I just would like to know how many times I have viewed a thread and how many threads I have posted. :)

RE: Suggestion/Request by marissa on 08-13-2004 at 12:25 AM

It would just make people compete to have the most threads viewed, there is no point.

RE: Suggestion/Request by Omar on 08-13-2004 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
I don't think it would. And if it did, what is the problem with that? I honest do think this is a great idea.:)

Please share with everybody why that idea is useful... Something new to be added needs to be useful before adding it...

"because i want to see" is not a valid explanation... :P
RE: Suggestion/Request by jren207 on 08-13-2004 at 01:45 PM

Too many scripts and queries running in one excecution at a time can lower the performance for many other people viewing other threads. It's frustrating when I get a "maximum server load reached" message. Adding another script and query is pointless.