Shoutbox

Emo Adder Suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Emo Adder Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=29839)

Emo Adder Suggestion by LoochTheMan on 08-12-2004 at 08:35 AM

I was wondering if a program/plugin could be made to add mass amounts of custom emotions. I know there are many out, but a good suggestion if possible would b to use the file name as the emotion shortcut.  Many of the programs ask you to type in the emotion shortcut you would like, which is basically the same as adding them individually on msn.  If anyone would answer my question it would be greatly appreciated:)

RE: Emo Adder Suggestion by CookieRevised on 08-12-2004 at 09:11 AM

well, one negative point would be that you can't use all the characters available for shortcuts in the filenames: there are some characters which would be invalid for filenames...

RE: Emo Adder Suggestion by LoochTheMan on 08-12-2004 at 07:11 PM

Perhaps then an alert would come up notifying you of this and force you to create a shortcut.  This way it would be faster and easier

RE: Emo Adder Suggestion by CookieRevised on 08-12-2004 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
Perhaps then an alert would come up notifying you of this and force you to create a shortcut.  This way it would be faster and easier
erm no... you can't use those characters as filenames... That's part of the Windows system.... so you can't be notified of an invalid character because there are no invalid characters in filenames to begin with....