Shoutbox

Close instant message window after contact goes offline. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. (/showthread.php?tid=29851)

Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by jasonallen on 08-12-2004 at 12:28 PM

Is it possible to close a instant message window automatically when a contact goes offline? This could be done after a time period of five minutes for example. Sometimes I find myself writing messages to people only to find they went offline 20 mins ago :S.

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by Anubis on 08-12-2004 at 12:45 PM

It's not currently possible, but I believe the Messenger Plus! API could support this...

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by jasonallen on 08-12-2004 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
It's not currently possible, but I believe the Messenger Plus! API could support this...

And the Messenger Plus! API is what.....?

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by crank on 08-12-2004 at 02:05 PM

the API that plugin developers use!!!

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by Menthix on 08-12-2004 at 02:19 PM

Documentation of the Plus! API can be found here: http://www.msgplus.net/help_plugins.php

If you have knowledge of programming in Visual Basic or Visual C you could try to make such a plugin yourself, if you do, be sure to show the result to us ;).

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by Stigmata on 08-12-2004 at 02:28 PM

wouldnt be hard

:(

i guess.......

just needs a timer to check it everynow and again and a sendkey of esc or ctrl+f4 to close the window :S

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by BluexDreams on 08-13-2004 at 01:51 PM

Why not using Plus! to notify you when the contact went off? Then you can close the window and if they came again, you open it again..

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 02:05 PM

And what's wrong in the message that Messenger shows on top of the conversation? Just check that.....

[Image: attachment.php?pid=291144]

If a program would close the convo window when a contact went offline, you will proberly miss some things that were said in many cases....

RE: Close instant message window after contact goes offline. by Stigmata on 08-13-2004 at 02:06 PM

and what if the guy got dissconnect (damn dial up users :) ) and it closed the convo and he came back on a min later