Shoutbox

can't uninstall msn plus - please help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: can't uninstall msn plus - please help (/showthread.php?tid=29866)

can't uninstall msn plus - please help by laura1060 on 08-12-2004 at 04:19 PM

Hi

since I installed msn plus I have been having computer problems - I realise that the popups etc are my own fault for checking the box but I also got some problems with messenger itself, so I went to uninstall messenger and msn plus

I uninstalled messenger fine but am unable to uninstall msn plus using the add/remove programs function, the error message i get saysmsn plus has not been installed properly and needs to be re-installed.  messenger will not reinstall, it just says 'error creating process', so I can't reinstall plus without messenger

really i just want to get rid of msn plus and go back to using messenger on its own, but I can't uninstall it!

I would be really grateful for any advice

Laura

RE: can't uninstall msn plus - please help by Chrono on 08-12-2004 at 04:27 PM

u dont need to uninstall Messenger to uninstall Plus!

Now i suggest u to go to www.msgplus.net and download Plus! again. reinstall it and then try to uninstall it. it should work...

RE: can't uninstall msn plus - please help by laura1060 on 08-13-2004 at 08:56 AM

Hi

I tried to reinstall messenger plus but it says 'error creating process' so it is neither installed nor uninstalled

any ideas?

cheers, Laura

RE: can't uninstall msn plus - please help by RaceProUK on 08-13-2004 at 09:54 AM

It is installed: it's because you've deleted Messenger that you're getting the error.