Shoutbox

IE trouble after uninstall - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: IE trouble after uninstall (/showthread.php?tid=29880)

IE trouble after uninstall by reelbiggreg on 08-12-2004 at 08:15 PM

after installing plus 3 to my comp, i found out that the sponsors were downloaded to my comp as well, making my spybot search and destry go haywire to the  IE registry changes of the search engine....so i uninstalled plus and decided to reinstall, but after uninstalling....IE wont successfully find any webpages, i get the server not found error message for everything....i have checked all the settings and nothing has changed....i also have mozilla and that it working fine.....but i dunno what is wrong with IE, and since it is my default browser, i cannot understand this strange occurance...Please help!!

RE: IE trouble after uninstall by Sunshine on 08-12-2004 at 08:45 PM

Since u deleted some parts of the sponsor with Spybot the uninstaller got cripled thats why it wasnt uninstalled properly.

To totally uninstall the sponsor:
1. Uninstall Plus!
2. reinstall Plus! with sponsor....
do not run spybot or any other ad-/spyware remover...
3. then uninstall Plus! again
4. reboot
5. reinstall Plus! without sponsor

Edit: welcome to the forum :)

RE: IE trouble after uninstall by reelbiggreg on 08-13-2004 at 01:42 AM

thank you, i am thankful you are helping me.......but i tried to uninstall and reinstall the software by your list, spyware off and all, but still the same problem, i am hoping there is an alternative to reinstalling IE..but the only thing i tampered with was denying a registry change through spybot with changing the IE homepages and all.

RE: IE trouble after uninstall by lopardo on 08-13-2004 at 02:55 AM

Did you check How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor?

RE: IE trouble after uninstall by reelbiggreg on 08-13-2004 at 03:01 AM

yes...i did check out how to uninstall the sponsor, i followed everything closely and still no change with IE, i did it about 2-3 times to make sure....i dunno, its confusing...