Shoutbox

blank - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: blank (/showthread.php?tid=29886)

blank by mike v on 08-13-2004 at 03:41 AM

I seem to have a problem viewing the preferences menu.
All the text is blank and none of the graphical things appear next to the contacts.

When clicking plus! all the stuff is there except the one in between "lock messenger" and "contact messenger"

If I uninstall then reinstall it works fine after a couple of sign ins. What could be the problem?

RE: blank by dotNorma on 08-13-2004 at 04:07 AM

Weird , It could be a problem with your graphics card :-/

RE: blank by ~INVASION~ on 08-13-2004 at 04:34 AM

maybe its the visual style u have on i have that visual style and i will test and see if thats the problem

UPDATE: nope that aint it

RE: blank by mike v on 08-13-2004 at 05:53 AM

I have already updated the drivers to it though.

Intel Integrated :p

I can't think of anything else that could be the problem.

RE: blank by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 10:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
maybe its the visual style u have on i have that visual style and i will test and see if thats the problem
Indeed
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
UPDATE: nope that aint it
Well, nevertheless, mike, try to disable the visual style for a while and see if the problem persists... It still can be that...

RE: blank by mike v on 08-15-2004 at 12:36 AM

I kept it on disable for a while but nothing seems to be changed.

Is there anyone else who uses visual styles with plus!?

This happened with the previous versions of Plus, I was just hoping that 3.0 wouldn't have the same problem.

RE: blank by marissa on 08-15-2004 at 12:48 AM

this is just out of the blue, but it might be your skin for msn messenger...i dont know, but you could try.

Edit: ah, i only saw that now. (i viewed the picture when you first posted)

RE: blank by mike v on 08-15-2004 at 12:50 AM

I don't have a skin for messenger, that is part of the visual theme I have.

RE: blank by lopardo on 08-15-2004 at 06:17 AM

Well, try disabling your visual style and checking your screen configuration (right click and empty space in the desktop > Properties > Configuration > Color quality, try with the biggest setting).

RE: blank by Anubis on 08-15-2004 at 07:46 AM

Do you have a .exe patch on MSN Messenger in any way...? (Games patch, polygamy ect.)

quote:
Originally posted by mike v
Is there anyone else who uses visual styles with plus!?
Yes, many people here do...including myself
RE: blank by Menthix on 08-15-2004 at 03:50 PM

I have a visual style applied with StyleXP and use Messenger Plus!, only thing i noticed is that it disabled my background on the MSN contactlist. Never had any other problems with my style.

But like suggested, try to disable the style and see if it works, because every style can produce diffrent problems.

RE: blank by mike v on 08-15-2004 at 11:10 PM

I think it's this thing called MSN loader thats causing it but im not a 100% sure. So far Plus! is working just fine without it.

Edit: I think it's called JnrzLoader

RE: blank by Menthix on 08-15-2004 at 11:55 PM

Jnrzloader should work with Plus!. Did you have the latest version of it? You can find the latest at http://www.mess.be/ .

RE: blank by Millenium_edition on 08-16-2004 at 11:49 AM

it can't be a patch/jnrzloader

RE: blank by mike v on 08-16-2004 at 02:51 PM

It seems to be the problem, loading MSN regualrly has no problems, but now after downloading the latest loader version it doesn't seem to work, it just signs me in automatically and I could open 1 window.

RE: blank by lopardo on 08-16-2004 at 08:56 PM

quote:
It seems to be the problem, loading MSN regualrly has no problems, but now after downloading the latest loader version it doesn't seem to work
What doesn't seem to work? The latest loader version or Plus (weird preferences window again)?

quote:
it just signs me in automatically and I could open 1 window
To open more than one instance of Messenger, you'll need the polygamy patch (get it at www.mess.be).
Right now I'm using MSN Proxy (which you can also get at mess.be) to log in in offline mode and my AppLoader program to run and close everything with one click ;)
RE: blank by mike v on 08-17-2004 at 05:25 AM

The prefernces thing again, at first everything was all fine until I log in a couple of time, then it messes up. It works fine without the loader though.

I'll be sure to check in with the programs you suggested