Shoutbox

Stolen Passport - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Stolen Passport (/showthread.php?tid=29898)

Stolen Passport by Edu115 on 08-13-2004 at 01:59 PM

some stupid n00b found the answer to my secret question and stole me the password from my passport.. Then he changed the secret question.. What can i do? I need that mail very much!!!!!

RE: Stolen Passport by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 02:11 PM

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp?pg=ar_eform
provide as much info (proof) as you can to show it is your own email...

Also, note that if you used your hotmail as your .NET Passport for Messenger, the guy/girl can also access your contactlist and who knows what else that uses .NET Passports (which is a lot of MS stuff!!!)

RE: Stolen Passport by Edu115 on 08-14-2004 at 01:54 PM

but the thing is that i didn't put my address, and things like that in the registration form..

RE: Stolen Passport by marissa on 08-14-2004 at 08:59 PM

you must give another email to microsoft so they can send you a form to fill out with your name, date of activation, email folders in hotmail etc. They will not send you the form if someone is on your email account at the time, like on your msn because they'll think someones trying to get your password or something...just keep that in mind.

RE: Stolen Passport by anand on 08-15-2004 at 04:43 AM

This is really bad that people try to hack other one's accounts. I hope microsoft does someting to stop this.

RE: Stolen Passport by lopardo on 08-15-2004 at 05:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by anand
This is really bad that people try to hack other one's accounts. I hope microsoft does someting to stop this.
Microsoft can't do anything when people tell their passwords to others... (like many of my friends do) :S
RE: Stolen Passport by frankiedaman on 08-16-2004 at 11:27 PM

they should try to stop n00bs hacking eachothers accounts. perhaps you should've made your secret question a little harder to guess Edu115, and change your password every now and again to prevent wannabe hackers accessing your msn and hotmail.

you know, i've had quite an interesting thought....if each downloaded MSN messenger from the website came with like a randomly generated ID code, that only you, your computer and your account could use, this may put a stop to such hacking of accounts. but then again, it wouldnt probably let you access msn legally from other pc's. but hey, just an idea thats all.... ^_^

RE: Stolen Passport by toddy on 08-16-2004 at 11:29 PM

you can change your secret question after you have signed up !

my question is "haha F**K OFF!" and who is ever gonna guest the answer to that

RE: Stolen Passport by Millenium_edition on 08-16-2004 at 11:40 PM

indeed, and it just has to be random characters to be very secure
i mean like
epj"^g',"v{)vl'")g,')çb

RE: Stolen Passport by Edu115 on 08-17-2004 at 06:55 PM

the thing is: the son of a biaaatch logged-in and then changed it too..  i'm so screwed :O

RE: Stolen Passport by MC Inferno on 08-17-2004 at 06:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
you can change your secret question after you have signed up !

my question is "haha F**K OFF!" and who is ever gonna guest the answer to that

For aminute there, i thoght u said "my answer is ha ha F**K OFF!" :P i was gonnasay, er.. alot of ppl will have guessed it by now :P D'ya think its an idea that they delete the secret question thing completly?

RE: Stolen Passport by marissa on 08-17-2004 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Edu115
the thing is: the son of a biaaatch logged-in and then changed it too..  i'm so screwed :O

Is the person signed in now? If he isnt fill in that form with another email that microsoft can contact you with and they'll send you a form to fill out and reply to it very quickly (they replied to me quickly anyways) good luck!:)
RE: Stolen Passport by Edu115 on 08-18-2004 at 08:15 AM

Solved.. thank you all..

They were very kind and very quick too.. I'm surprised :O