Shoutbox

Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox (/showthread.php?tid=29916)

Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Menthix on 08-14-2004 at 02:39 AM

Quick Quote works in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. However, if you select a part of somebody's post and then press Quick Quote in Internet Explorer it will only quote the part you had selected. Now if i select a part of a post in Firefox and press Quick Quote it will still quote the whole post. Ofcourse it could be just me, because i haven't tested at another system so maybe somebody with Firefox (or any other browser then Internet Explorer) could confirm it.

Any idea on what's causing it? I hope it can be fixed, because i really like to quote just the important part of a post. Right now i do it by deleting loads of quotes manually everytime.

EDIT: :s Bad mistake, i typed Quick Reply everywhere before, it should be Quick Quote, talking about this button [Image: qquote.gif] .

RE: Quick Reply not working 100% in Firefox by ddunk on 08-14-2004 at 02:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Ofcourse it could be just me, because i haven't tested at another system so maybe somebody with Firefox (or any other browser then Internet Explorer) could confirm it.

It's just you, it works fine for me, the only problem I've had with it is it putting the wrong name in quotes :s. Tried reinstalling FF?
RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Menthix on 08-14-2004 at 03:20 AM

Errr, i ment Quick Quote. Edited post.

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by WDZ on 08-14-2004 at 03:30 AM

Mozilla has a JavaScript Console, right? Can you open it and look for errors?

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Menthix on 08-14-2004 at 03:36 AM

Yes it has, but it doesn't give any message at all when Quick Quoting.

Ddunk, you can select a part of a post and then press the [Image: qquote.gif] button to quote only the part you had selected in Firefox. Need to know for sure you weren't talking about Quick Reply.

I had this problem for quite a while, that is before and after uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox. But never cleared my profile folder though,  because i don't want to loose my extensions. However, a extension could be the cause if other Firefox users don't have this problem.

Could try some more testing tomorrow at a VMware system, but to late for that now.

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by WDZ on 08-14-2004 at 03:47 AM

Can you test again right now? I hacked the code a bit, but I have no idea if it will help. :p

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Menthix on 08-14-2004 at 03:50 AM

No, no luck and no javascript messages either.
* Menthix wonders if i'm the only Firefox users with this problem.

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by WDZ on 08-14-2004 at 03:59 AM

quote:
* MenthiX wonders if i'm the only Firefox users with this problem.
I hope so. :blah!:
RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Mnjul on 08-14-2004 at 04:41 AM

quote:
* MenthiX wonders if i'm the only Firefox users with this problem.
I am afraid not.

Will post two screenshots later on.

Edit: Here you go

[Image: attachment.php?pid=291413]
RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by WDZ on 08-14-2004 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
I am afraid not.
Blah... the error shown in your JS console is because of a stupid mistake I made a few hours ago. I suck at javascript. :p

Try again now, and see if you get errors.

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Mnjul on 08-14-2004 at 05:28 AM

You suck at javascript?

* Mnjul wonders if one day WDZ says "I suck at PHP" :p :lol:

Well, it's working fine now, both in IE and FF for me :)

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by ~INVASION~ on 08-14-2004 at 05:37 AM

this has happened to me also when i use ff it only puts in parts of the quote sometimes the wrong quote i even selected it would be someone elses ive never seen:S  and when i try to send it doesnt load sometimes

*i hope server load limit isnt gonna haunt me again:|

but ya it seems to be workin fine now but b4 it was messed up

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by Menthix on 08-14-2004 at 12:23 PM

It took a little more time then the others, but it works here too now.

However, when i saw that it worked for Minjul i tried it:

• Didn't work, same old problem and no javascript messages.
  • Cleared all chache, restarted browser but that didn't help either.
  • Disabled a few Firefox extensions of which i thought it could have something to do with it.
  • Restarted browser, and it worked!
  • Enabled extensions again one for one to find out the problem.
  • Turns out that the "Allow Right-Click" extension (version 0.1) is breaking the Quick Quote.
The "Allow Right-Click" extension tries to beat websites that have a script which disable you from rightclicking the page or replace the rightclick menu. Firefox already has such an feature, but this extension is a improved version of it. Wierd that it blocks the Quick Quote script too, but i just uninstalled the extension now and everything is fine.

Thanks for checking it out WDZ :).
RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by surfichris on 08-14-2004 at 12:35 PM

Argh, thanks for pointing that out MenthiX, was wondering why it wasn't working for me - too lazy to post about it though..

RE: Quick *QUOTE* not working 100% in Firefox by lizard.boy on 08-18-2004 at 04:00 PM

that worked for me too tahnks menthiX