Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=29960)

[Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by Concord Dawn on 08-15-2004 at 03:11 AM

I suggest that there should be some sort of system wide shortcut to open the Messenger Contact Window. This would be convienient if you are talking to someone and they ask you, "Hey, is John on?" or something like that. While I know some people are going to go, "This feature is pointless" I really do think that for convienience it would be a good idea.

RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by Patchou on 08-15-2004 at 03:45 AM

Why not :)

RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by anand on 08-15-2004 at 04:32 AM

Why not have a right click shortcut to see all those online (only online) in chat window rather than opening messenger contact window?

RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by RaceProUK on 08-15-2004 at 10:43 AM

There's already a way to do this: it uses the Invite feature. Press Alt+I in a convo window, and it'll show you all online contacts. Press Escape to avoid inviting people.

RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by itey on 08-15-2004 at 11:28 AM

combining this

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
I suggest that there should be some sort of system wide shortcut to open the Messenger Contact Window
and this
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
uses the Invite feature. Press Alt+I in a convo window, and it'll show you all online contacts.
i made this!
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29971
RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by Millenium_edition on 08-15-2004 at 06:27 PM

* Millenium_edition is the bad guy again.

is it so hard to double-click a tray icon?

RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by Menthix on 08-15-2004 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
is it so hard to double-click a tray icon?
Is it so hard to type google.com? Yet i absolutely love Firefox's google search and the rightclick-search-for feature.

It's just all about making things easier and faster.
RE: [Suggestion] Shortcut to open Messenger by Millenium_edition on 08-15-2004 at 06:42 PM

err... that's not the same.

start/programs/firefox
www.google.com
<keywords><enter>

that's much more than
<dblclick>

man that many keyboard shortcuts are just too many =/