Shoutbox

Plus! access without opening the main page - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! access without opening the main page (/showthread.php?tid=29980)

Plus! access without opening the main page by V@no on 08-15-2004 at 05:49 PM

Hi!
I'm not sure why its done this way, but its so uncomfortible to open the main window to access many features of Plus!...
would be very nice have all the features be accessed from chat windows and from right click on tray icon.

Thanks.

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by Menthix on 08-15-2004 at 06:39 PM

Well, a lot of functions are in the Plus!-menu on the conversation windows too, also you can type /commands in your conversation to activate most functions.

The reason not all features are there is probally to keep the menu compact, less used functions are left out.

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by V@no on 08-15-2004 at 06:47 PM

Yes, I agree, simplier menu is better.
But some features are missing from conversation window, such as "Come-back message" or Preference...

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by RaceProUK on 08-15-2004 at 07:55 PM

Preferences: /config
Come-back message: I would say 'Why?', but then if a contact went offline without warning...

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by V@no on 08-15-2004 at 10:15 PM

sorry, I was talking about the GUI, not the "command line"...witch I found very...well, I dont like it...:D

P.S. what was wrong with my avatar? why it was removed?

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by Chrono on 08-15-2004 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
P.S. what was wrong with my avatar? why it was removed?
cause it contains a couple of images which are not appropriate for these forums :P
please remove them or ill have to remove ur avatar again :P
(there are kids on these forums u know :))

EDITED: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29983 ;)
RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 05:29 AM

unfortunetly even in new version this feature was not included :(

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by ShawnZ on 07-12-2006 at 05:32 AM

yes, and when someone revives this thread in TWO MORE years, it still won't be included.

* ShawnZ claps

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by Nagamasa on 07-12-2006 at 05:51 AM

Comeback messages are now part of WLM's offline instant messaging. The recipient(sp?) will recive the message when they log back in.

To do this: Simply open a convo window for that person and type a message. Voila!

RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
yes, and when someone revives this thread in TWO MORE years
yeah, thanks to the @$$hole who was banning people for no good reason...(never seen a forum with so many banned people in my life!)

Anyways, since MPL was released there is an icon on main window that has pretty much the same options (plus scripts) as the "Plus" menu at the menu bar...and again, it doesnt have properties menu...the question is - what is the point?
RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by matty on 07-12-2006 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
nyways, since MPL was released there is an icon on main window that has pretty much the same options (plus scripts) as the "Plus" menu at the menu bar...and again, it doesnt have properties menu...the question is - what is the point?
Before people get the internet they should get there eyes checked...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=692740]
RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by Menthix on 07-12-2006 at 01:31 PM

He means quick menus on contactlist and chatwindow are almost the same, but "Preferences..." is missing on the one on the chatwindow, correct me if i'm wrong.

RE: RE: Plus! access without opening the main page by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Before people get the internet they should get there eyes checked...
My appology, lost my point when typed it...
I was trying to say that there are almost identical options in both menus, and I dont see the point of duplicate them. Perhaps in the menu from icon the most common used options, I dont know...

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
He means quick menus on contactlist and chatwindow are almost the same, but "Preferences..." is missing on the one on the chatwindow, correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes, in the chat window, not in the main window.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=692751]
ops...I didnt see the Plus! menu in the toolbar...well, actualy because by default WLM has "collapsed" toolbar into an icon, so it wasn't quiet obvious for me to look in there...
The preferences can be access through a chat window the same way as through main window.

SOLVED