Shoutbox

webcam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: webcam (/showthread.php?tid=30064)

webcam by Replicarter on 08-17-2004 at 11:13 AM

hey, would it be possible to make a plugin that, streams videos playing in windowes media player, or some player, through as a webcam video? so people can watch what im watching?

RE: webcam by M73A on 08-17-2004 at 12:21 PM

thats a really good idea, what about the sound tho, a plugin to have sound go through audio to?

RE: webcam by Replicarter on 08-17-2004 at 12:42 PM

oh yea, that to lol.

RE: webcam by Stigmata on 08-17-2004 at 08:44 PM

:o......

ummmmmmmmm......

ill have to get back to u on that one...

if i can find out how to do it...i ll get started on it

RE: webcam by brad__bomb on 08-18-2004 at 12:36 AM

well u can have the audio go through the msn audio part, for whenever u wanna talk with microphones and such. or u could just use the video conference stuff.

RE: webcam by aNILEator on 08-18-2004 at 04:42 PM

this would be illegal, copyright stuff. Unless you legally own the copyright to the video/audio or were paying the owner of the video whatever money to broadcast it i seriously doubt that this is a good idea :-/

RE: webcam by M73A on 08-18-2004 at 06:07 PM

wat about for like home movies......

RE: webcam by Menthix on 08-18-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
this would be illegal, copyright stuff.
Just like peer2peer networks: It all depends on the user. A plugin creator wont be responsible for it.

But i was personally thinking about some kind of Screenshot Sender plugin, but then trough video. I mean, make it possible to stream every window/object instead of just being able to re-stream MediaPlayer of any other videoplayer. So you can show people trough the webcam function what you are actually doing on your PC. I don't know what MSN supports as maximimum resolution for webcam's because the regular webcam window is a bit to small to stream you Internet Explorer window in or anything :p. Maybe there is a way to get it bigger. But even with small windows it still seems fun to select a part of your desktop and have it streamed to your contact.

I know it comes pretty close to Netmeeting, but having it in a webcam window just seems more fun and less complicated :).
RE: webcam by MC Inferno on 08-19-2004 at 09:08 PM

Getting the webcam screen bigger can't be done.

As for the plug-in of streaming a home video.... the closest thing you can get is linking a computer game or TV screen up to it.

However, your best bet at the moment is to put a camera up to the picture and just keep it on the media player screen, with the audio on and play it through the speakers.

Soz if this isn't explained clearly enough.

As for the plug-in thing, I dont accutly think it can be done I'm afraid.

RE: webcam by bungleMX on 08-19-2004 at 10:45 PM

that's will have horizontal lines on the final video isn't? becouse of the fact that the monitor is in high resolution and the camara doesn't support that resolution.

RE: webcam by Yousef on 08-19-2004 at 10:49 PM

maybe you can make a virtual webcam? just like virtual cd mounting programs. Will be hard, but possible

RE: webcam by brad__bomb on 08-20-2004 at 07:05 AM

what'd you wanna record it for anyways?

RE: webcam by Cartox on 08-20-2004 at 07:39 AM

i allready asked this question ,and know the answer
i use Luminositi Softcam, or just Softcam in google

and maybe you can take a look at this tread
Play movies in webcamwindow

RE: webcam by ~INVASION~ on 08-20-2004 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bungleMX
that's will have horizontal lines on the final video isn't? becouse of the fact that the monitor is in high resolution and the camara doesn't support that resolution.

hehe not for me mine works just fine :D