Shoutbox

HELP PLZ - Webcam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: HELP PLZ - Webcam (/showthread.php?tid=30069)

HELP PLZ - Webcam by M73A on 08-17-2004 at 12:30 PM

I have recently purchased a webcam, JVC around £450 but when i try to use it as a webcam it it sez no camera detected, or in use by another program...i open task manager and there is no program runnin usin the camera. can anyone help?

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by bach_m on 08-17-2004 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
I have recently purchased a webcam, JVC around £450 but when i try to use it as a webcam it it sez no camera detected, or in use by another program...i open task manager and there is no program runnin usin the camera. can anyone help?

a £450 webcam? u mean a video camera?

not all videocameras can be used as a webcam. they often need special software.
RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by M73A on 08-17-2004 at 01:07 PM

its a DV camera, it saiys in the manual that it is webcam compatible tho..

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by bach_m on 08-17-2004 at 01:12 PM

i hope thats not the only reason u bought it, tho.

then it should probably give instructions on how to make those functions work. maybe poke around the website of the manufacturere

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by M73A on 08-17-2004 at 01:14 PM

nah, i bought it because its much smaller than the original video camera i had... but just bit disappointed the webcam dont work, seein as it has a remote control...

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by bach_m on 08-17-2004 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
nah, i bought it because its much smaller than the original video camera i had... but just bit disappointed the webcam dont work, seein as it has a remote control...

ok. check the manual, and the website of the company who makes it. they must have SOME info about it ;)
RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by Menthix on 08-17-2004 at 01:52 PM

Did you install the drivers for it? Look at their site, if you can't find it there then look for a CD you got together with the cam.

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by M73A on 08-17-2004 at 02:10 PM

nah, all the drivewrs are definitely iunstalled. i remeber it and there in device maanger, loadsa dif ones for video, audio & memory

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by Swizzy on 08-17-2004 at 02:39 PM

I had this problem with my webcam...

Have you (since you installed the drivers) disconnected the camera from the USB port... Because that sometimes can automatically Uninstall the drivers.(well it did for me) :$

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by TheDude on 08-18-2004 at 03:49 PM

I had this problem.  Make sure you are using the company's drivers, and not the default webcam ones that come with Windows. Worked for me :D

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by lizard.boy on 08-18-2004 at 04:11 PM

if your useing a dv camera you may need a capture card for your computer.

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by Brox187 on 04-24-2005 at 04:05 AM

I'm having the same problem, I just have the Trust 120Spacecam Did anyone find out what was wrong??
Cheers

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by Hank on 04-24-2005 at 04:11 AM

JVC usually is pretty good stuff, Have you checked there website for updated drivers?

RE: HELP PLZ - Webcam by Brox187 on 04-24-2005 at 04:22 AM

Well it's only messenger that it won't work with.
I didn't know JVC owned Trust.