Shoutbox

hover - email - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: hover - email (/showthread.php?tid=30093)

hover - email by marissa on 08-17-2004 at 08:03 PM

I was thinking, if this is possible anyways, if you could hover your mouse over the name when the contact comes on line so it could be like...well the attachment because i havent mastered that other shit. um, of course the hovered thing will be smaller but you know...its just a suggestion for something because since stuffplug ng was made its weird to open a conversation then close it because they might know and shit...:p

RE: hover - email by Anubis on 08-17-2004 at 08:08 PM

Not a bad idea, very useful for people who don't put their alias or name in their name...and change their name a lot...

RE: hover - email by Menthix on 08-17-2004 at 08:18 PM

I'd like that. Maybe it could be intergrated into the toast itself so you don't even have to hover to see it.

RE: hover - email by user27089 on 08-17-2004 at 08:21 PM

That would be a really useful option, it would save me having to click it to find out who they were.

RE: hover - email by marissa on 08-17-2004 at 08:22 PM

but if we didnt have to hover (i dont know if its possible so if its not  we could use it MenthiX's way) we would have the sign in box crouded (if that was what you meant) like if i signed on with "marissa" it would have

marissa
    (myemail@yaya.com)
      has just signed in

and that wouldnt be needed...

RE: hover - email by Menthix on 08-17-2004 at 08:32 PM

Having it in the top of the toast that normally says "MSN Messenger" seems nice to me too.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=293352]

RE: hover - email by Stigmata on 08-17-2004 at 08:34 PM

that would be a very very good feature

menthix idea is what i like the best

RE: hover - email by marissa on 08-17-2004 at 08:39 PM

ohhh, i like that way better than mine:p now all we need is someone to make it, if i knew how...id sure make it. Or get any help...?:P

RE: hover - email by Stigmata on 08-17-2004 at 08:41 PM

i could make a plugin out of it
but it would be stupid becuase u would have a msn popup and a msgplus popup

RE: hover - email by Menthix on 08-17-2004 at 09:20 PM

Stigmata that would be nice, we could simply disable MSN's own popups and enable your modified ones, no problem.

RE: hover - email by dotNorma on 08-19-2004 at 01:45 AM

Its a nice idea , It could be intergrated with Messenger Plus! as its really not much to ask *-)

But I bet DJMystic could probably incorparate it with StuffPlug NG , He changed the MSN Toast Icons so im sure he can change that top caption.

RE: hover - email by Menthix on 08-19-2004 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
It could be intergrated with Messenger Plus! as its really not much to ask

But I bet DJMystic could probably incorparate it with StuffPlug NG
He is free to do that, but to be honest i don't like to use a huge plugin for just one feature i'll use. I hope somebody want's to make it as a seperate plugin or as part of a smaller plugin that already deals with toasts. Ofcourse Patchou is free to include it in Plus! himself :).
RE: hover - email by Siouxsie on 08-26-2004 at 06:34 PM

So, is this plug-in still in the works, or what?
I'm intrested in it too, mostly one which follows the main idea, but the other ideas are nice too.

RE: hover - email by Anubis on 08-26-2004 at 06:38 PM

I don't recall any news into this...sorry Siouxsie, it's still only in the theory state...

RE: hover - email by crank on 08-26-2004 at 06:40 PM

why not use the messenger api? it would be less work. don't now shit about working with it but all you would have to do is make it show the adress in the place of the MSn Messenger text. I know it's possible.

oops allready said.