Shoutbox

Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? (/showthread.php?tid=30101)

Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by RebelSean on 08-18-2004 at 01:40 AM

Yes, I know. When I was banned I came and shouted in the shoutbox. I knew it was wrong but yes I still did it. So, I would like to suggest that we have also to go along with the bannage, to be banned in the shoutbox also. This is something I fell very strong about:).

RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by Chrono on 08-18-2004 at 02:07 AM

its in the rules :P
we cant ban in the shoutbox, as they can come in as guests :P
we would have to IP ban people, which is stupid :P

We are discussing about allowing guests to shout anyway (arent we? :P)

RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by RebelSean on 08-18-2004 at 02:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
We are discussing about allowing guests to shout anyway (arent we?:p )

Yes. But what about this. A system,  that every person that you guys bann you ip ban, which btw is that hard to do? Just curious, when a user shouts in the shoutbox, it checks the IP before you shout, and if the IP is banned on the bann list it don't shout, and it disables the shoutbox and wont let the user shout till he gets unbanned.
RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by ddunk on 08-18-2004 at 02:14 AM

But what about all the people with dynamic IPs (such as yourself) they could easily bypass the ban by restarting their internet.

RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by Johnny_Mac on 08-18-2004 at 02:20 AM

What go an ass round way when the options right in your face? Just disable guest posting, its hardly a big thing.

RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by marissa on 08-18-2004 at 02:28 AM

He's just saying this because he doesnt like the people banned. Think of this if he were the one being banned...he made someone join the forums and post things, its stupid in my opinion.

RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by RebelSean on 08-18-2004 at 02:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
He's just saying this because he doesnt like the people banned. Think of this if he were the one being banned...he made someone join the forums and post things, its stupid in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with anyone banned. :d I wouldn't make the person join the forums and post things thats just dodgy.
RE: Shoutbox-Banned and still get to shout? by marissa on 08-18-2004 at 02:33 AM

Then there is no problem, if you have no beef with the people banned and i dont think no one does, its not a problem at all. :undecided: