Shoutbox

MsgPlus problem with WinXP SP2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus problem with WinXP SP2 (/showthread.php?tid=30110)

MsgPlus problem with WinXP SP2 by DonTron on 08-18-2004 at 06:28 AM

I just upgraded my windows XP with SP2, and when trying to install MspPlus-301.exe I get the message...

"MspPlus-301.exe is not a valid Win32 program"

Anyone else get this error?

And here is a reeeal good one....

I tried to use the MsgPlus chatroom from my browser, and the new fantastic Windows Firewall pops up and says:
"Windows Firewall has detected a potential threat and has blocked the program: Internet Explorer from accessing the internet"   

I think its a bit funny that Windows Firewall thinks IE is a threat hehehe :-D

RE: MsgPlus problem with WinXP SP2 by WDZ on 08-18-2004 at 06:57 AM

MspPlus-301.exe isn't the right filename. It should be MsgPlus-301.exe. Did you just type it wrong? If not, where did you get the file?

RE: MsgPlus problem with WinXP SP2 by Menthix on 08-18-2004 at 12:08 PM

The "not a valid Win32 program" error seems to happen more and more often lately. The problem is that for some reason the file you downloaded got corrupted and can't be used. I suggest you delete that file and download it again, but this time from one of the mirrors. The mirrors can be found here: http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/62787.shtml

I wonder what is causing these corruptions at Patchou's server. I have had the same problem too once and saw many on IRC with it :s.

RE: MsgPlus problem with WinXP SP2 by Patchou on 08-18-2004 at 05:09 PM

Maybe Simtel or my server is experiencing some kind of network problem. I'll look into it if the problem continues. In the meantime, just suggest people to go download the file on another mirror of Simtel, that way, there's no need to check the cache or other stuff like that.