Shoutbox

Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? (/showthread.php?tid=30128)

Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by M73A on 08-18-2004 at 05:45 PM

What Are Your Views?

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by user27089 on 08-18-2004 at 06:10 PM

I think yes, why else would they quit? If they don't quit, they could risk their career in being an athlete but have a possibility of winning then losing their medal, or they could just quit and forget about the embarassment.

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by toddy on 08-18-2004 at 06:16 PM

yeh i also think there was, and have only dropped out so they didn't get banned by the olymipic comittee. but hopefully they will get banned by the national body (its called sumthing like "the IAC")

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by Vazza on 08-18-2004 at 07:41 PM

Well, I think they might have been. After all, they have an accident but theres no witnesses or signs of it on the road and all they have a few scrapes and bruises?Come on. And they wanted a drug test done in the hospital... :dodgy:
Why did they drop out? So that the Olympic committee couldn't do anything to them, thats why. But there's enough evidence for they to be brought up in front of the International atheletics comittee and they could ban them for 2 years.

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by st0rm on 08-19-2004 at 05:43 AM

they quit cuz they was on drugs.

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by M73A on 08-19-2004 at 05:06 PM

i recon they were doin da drugs coz deres no evidence AT ALL of a crash, and why wud they quit so they cudnt get banned?!

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by jren207 on 08-19-2004 at 05:19 PM

It does seem a bit dodgy that they would quit at the time of the drugs test. If they had nothing to hide then why did they quit...?
The accident was just some cover-up story.

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by Anubis on 08-19-2004 at 05:19 PM

I am the last to believe allegations unless they can be proven true, and even then I retrain scepticism.
But I must say the timing is very convenient

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by MC Inferno on 08-19-2004 at 07:14 PM

Nobody should say intil the court has heard in my oponion.

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by user27089 on 08-19-2004 at 08:34 PM

I think that they were taking drugs, if they just had scratches and bruises, this can be done by self infliction to cause effect or it can be done cosmetically quite easily, then there was no evidence of the crash, they have no reason to forfeit, other than of course, drug abuse.

RE: Olympics - Were the Greeks that quit usin drugs? by Ice Queen on 08-20-2004 at 01:24 PM

they probably think it was best to quit instead of being found out in a drug test n shaming there country in the process knowing that they r the ones hosting the games.  y face embarassment when u can just drop out n make up a good lie that otheres might just believe