Shoutbox

Sudden MSN lockup/crash - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Sudden MSN lockup/crash (/showthread.php?tid=30140)

Sudden MSN lockup/crash by Try_lee on 08-19-2004 at 01:46 AM

Having used PLUS! for what seems like a very long time now, I'm happy to say I've had very few problems... <dramatic_lighting>UNTIL NOW!!! </dramatic_lighting>

Earlier today I was invited into a group convo and it suddenly caused all my MSN windows to freeze up.  An end task and a few clicks later and I'm back up and running, but the same thing happens again.  So of course I go about uninstalling PLUS! and MSN messenger, restarting, re-installing messenger... and I fire her up!  No problems!!! WOO!
Then I install PLUS! again... and the problem returns... :^)

Soooooo... anyone know what's causing this and maybe how to solve it?

RE: Sudden MSN lockup/crash by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 02:11 AM

are you using any plugins? just a guess (a)

RE: Sudden MSN lockup/crash by Try_lee on 08-19-2004 at 02:17 AM

Nope, I did a full uninstall and in the process it removed all the plugins.  The only one I did have was the handwriting one anyway, and it was working fine with it since PLUS! 2.

RE: Sudden MSN lockup/crash by Patchou on 08-19-2004 at 06:25 AM

Hum.. I would like very much to know the cause of that bug.. if you can reproduce it at will, please email me at mplus@patchou.com with all the information you can (like the number of participant in the chat, their names, etc...). Thanks.

RE: Sudden MSN lockup/crash by Millenium_edition on 08-19-2004 at 08:50 AM

i'm sure you might have been flooded with emoticons but you didn't see it as the window was hidden. would that be possible?