Shoutbox

i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) (/showthread.php?tid=30148)

i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 06:56 AM

you see, i just downloaded msg plus and i LOVE it!!! "yay!" but thats not why i am here, "BOOOOO". for some resin i cant install the handwritting program, now b4 u say anything i have ready the sticky bout downloading and installing the handwritting add on but when i download it all i get is 2 files, one is named "installer" and a readme file, WERE IS THE SETUP FILE AND INK BLAH BLAH BLAH FILE!!!!... i was REALLY lookin forward 2 the handwritting add on :( why oh why! :(:(:(:'( plz help, thx

MSN_FrEaK (Nick)

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by lopardo on 08-19-2004 at 07:04 AM

Download it again from http://www.mess.be and you'll find the ink redistributables.

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:08 AM

done that and wen i downloaded it the same thing, it only came with installer and readme aswell! and wen i downloaded and installed ink blah blah nothing happend

WERES THE SETZUP FILE PEOPLES

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by ddunk on 08-19-2004 at 07:10 AM

http://kaonet.net/page.php?id=74 - Try that one

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:11 AM

hopeit works

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by lopardo on 08-19-2004 at 07:12 AM

Did you download it again from mess.be? (Framer is down so I can't post the direct link). You should have the following files in the zip:
InkRedist.zip -> install this before installing the plugin
installer.exe -> to install the plugin

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:14 AM

yup  did that but wen i clicked on installer it said are u  surew blah blah blah then i clicked yes then nothing happend

(i have installed ink crap)

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 07:21 AM

try a clean reinstall. uninstall ink from add.remove programs and uninstall handwriting from plus>plugins>handwriting. (in conversation window)

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:24 AM

but when i uninstall it will it still work?

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 07:25 AM

you might have to doa few clean reinstalls. its not that much work. and make sure you restart msn messenger.

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:26 AM

k thx

wen i goto plus/plugins theres nothin in there, this is wat i mean, when i press install on the handwritting thing and i click yea then nothing happends
RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 07:35 AM

okay.

1)download and install the ink from http://kaonet.net/page.php?id=75&a=dl
2) download and install the handwriting thing from http://www.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/pafiledb.ph...ion=download&id=70 as well.
3) restart your msn. and you should see tabs at the bottom of a conversation window.

If this doesnt work, uninstall ink from add.remove programs. or the iinstall (maybe) and uninstall handwriting. Reinstall both ias ink first. hope it works.

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:38 AM

k, i installed ink EDIT: wen i press install on the handwritting then press yes nothing happends? wats meant 2 happend

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 07:40 AM

now run the installer for the handwriting thing...and restart msn as i said.  just work (yn)

ah yes, and make sure you have installed the ink for all users. and what windows are you running?

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:46 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh for ALL users, i did single, i got windows XP

EDIT: k i reinstalled ink than i exit everything of msn than i press install and still nothing happend just my harddrive is revving (is that a good sign)

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 07:49 AM

okay then. uninstall the ink and reinstall with all users

when you press yes it should say that its been install succesfully.  and maybe you should close your msn completely (from system tray too) and run the installer of handwriting.

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 07:55 AM

DAMIT!! I RESARTED MSN AND NO TAB AND NOTHING UNDER PLUGINS!!! (WAS I MEANT PUT HANDWRITTING IN PLUGINS FILE UNDER MSG PLUS?)

EDIT: u still there?

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 08:06 AM

no, the installer will add the components into the file...:undecided:

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by MSN_FrEaK on 08-19-2004 at 08:30 AM

YAY! i restarted my computer and VOLA! its there thx for ur help :)

RE: i REALLY need help (with msg plus, lol) by marissa on 08-19-2004 at 08:39 AM

no problemo im so glad it worked!:D