Shoutbox

plugin - email hu from.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: plugin - email hu from.. (/showthread.php?tid=30162)

plugin - email hu from.. by M73A on 08-19-2004 at 11:50 AM

is there a plugin that lets u see hu an email is from went it sez 1 new email. or so on, becoz its annoying wen u spen 20 mins tryna open ur inbox coz hotmail server is busy and then it bein junk.....junk filter is on 2

can ne1 help?

RE: plugin - email hu from.. by TGG on 08-19-2004 at 11:53 AM

add your hotmail account to outlook express or whatever email client you use ( if you use one). Then you dont have to wait for the server :-D

RE: RE: plugin - email hu from.. by Anubis on 08-19-2004 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by that_ginger_guy
Then you dont have to wait for the server :-D

Yes you do, it's the same server, if it's slow you'll have either a time out or it'll be really slow...

I can't personally see this being possible with a plugin, when you receive a new e-mail MSN Messenger will tell you who it's from, but after that I don't think that information can be accessed via MSN Messenger, although a tie in with hotmail may do this, however you would face latency issues...
RE: plugin - email hu from.. by TGG on 08-19-2004 at 12:11 PM

ok, you don't have to wait for the webpage to load, and it works for me at least

RE: plugin - email hu from.. by Anubis on 08-19-2004 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by that_ginger_guy
ok, you don't have to wait for the webpage to load, and it works for me at least
It may indeed be faster, but this is due to the fact that the information it is trying to access is actually being retrieved from the server directly with no need to retrieve the webpage...However this is going slightly offtopic, I will discuss it no more
RE: plugin - email hu from.. by M73A on 08-19-2004 at 12:59 PM

ok, thanks for your help
anuve idea ijus had is have a look at my events log, but thats onli if i received it whilst logged in....

RE: plugin - email hu from.. by RaceProUK on 08-19-2004 at 10:44 PM

E-mail alerts tell you who the mail is from anyway (or is this configurable?).

RE: plugin - email hu from.. by Millenium_edition on 08-19-2004 at 10:53 PM

it tells where it's from and a little other info. no big deal tough.