Shoutbox

Transfer MSG Plus to New Computer? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Transfer MSG Plus to New Computer? (/showthread.php?tid=30170)

Transfer MSG Plus to New Computer? by Cronos on 08-19-2004 at 03:23 PM

I had msg plus on my old computer, I just got a new computer and was wondering if it's possible to copy the settings over to my new computer?

Settings that I had before under preferences and the renamed contact list, etc...

Thanks.

RE: Transfer MSG Plus to New Computer? by bach_m on 08-19-2004 at 03:25 PM

GO to Plus! Preferences> Save/Load (bottomleft), Export your preferences, and select evertyhing.

then just transfer the file to you new computer, and use the import feature (same plave)

RE: Transfer MSG Plus to New Computer? by lizard.boy on 08-20-2004 at 01:11 AM

i persoannaly would back up the entire regestry folder for msgplus but i'm not sure if that would screw anything up.

RE: Transfer MSG Plus to New Computer? by Cronos on 08-21-2004 at 02:12 PM

I copied the log files from my old computer to my new one. When I tried to open the log files of people I have a log for, it doesn't open the log file up.

Anyone know how to fix this or what's causing this.

I didn't get a chance to save the settings on my old computer all I did was copy the entire folder and save it on a CD. Then I copy/pasted that CD to the MSGPLUS folder on this new computer but it doesn't seem to bring up any of the files in history.

I didn't save my preferences but I did find a file format and I think it autosaved my preferences from before? But when I tried importing that file, nothing seems to happen.

Thoughts?

Actually I got it to work now.

Edit by Fraisie: Please use the "Edit" button instead of posting twice. Thank you !