Shoutbox

HELP! PLEEASE! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: HELP! PLEEASE! (/showthread.php?tid=30171)

HELP! PLEEASE! by cat_girl on 08-19-2004 at 03:38 PM

:( Please help! Messenger Plus! saves all my convos! I dont want my convos saved! What do I do!?!?!

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by MC Inferno on 08-19-2004 at 03:41 PM

Plus! > Preferences > Logging and untick Automatically log all my chats my default.

Welcome to the forums! :D

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Eljay on 08-19-2004 at 03:41 PM

main messenger window > plus! > preferences > logging and untick log all my convos by default :)
damn u mc inferno for getting there so fast :@

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Anubis on 08-19-2004 at 03:51 PM

She's been here before and said the same exact thing...
and if it's still because you don't want your Mom, Dad or Brother reading them you can encrypt the chat logs so that they can only be read if you provide a password. To do so do this;
Main Messenger Window > Plus! > Preferences > Privacy Protection then check the box for "Encrypt all my logs to protect my privacy" then set a password...

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by cat_girl on 08-19-2004 at 03:55 PM

I know I was here before, thanks, its because I went on a 3-week-vacation and when I got back my Messenger Plus! was gone so I had to re-install it and I forgot how to stop it from saving my convos.

And thanks to MC Inferno and leejeffery

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Anubis on 08-19-2004 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cat_girl
I went on a 3-week-vacation and when I got back my Messenger Plus! was gone
Messenger Plus! doesn't uninstall after a period of inactivity...

In future would you mind looking over your previous post rather than starting a new identical thread ;)...just for the servers sake
and please do not post more than once in a row (Double Posting) as it is against the forum rules instead use the [Image: edit.gif] button...

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by cat_girl on 08-19-2004 at 03:59 PM

Well ex-cuse me but when I got back I didn't have Messenger Plus! anymore I just had my regular Windows Messenger. Maybe one of my parents uninstalled it by accident, I don't know. And I'm SORRY if I didn't know my post from like 6 months ago would still be here.

And in case you didnt know, I'm 14 too, not a little 7 year old. You really have to stop treating people like you know more than them or something. Just a suggestion, for your sake;)

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Anubis on 08-19-2004 at 04:13 PM

You misunderstand me, I was not being offensive, I was stating facts and the rules...

quote:
Originally posted by cat_girl
And I'm SORRY if I didn't know my post from like 6 months ago would still be here.
You could have checked first...
RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by marissa on 08-20-2004 at 05:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
She's been here before and said the same exact thing...
and if it's still because you don't want your Mom, Dad or Brother reading them you can encrypt the chat logs so that they can only be read if you provide a password. To do so do this;
Main Messenger Window > Plus! > Preferences > Privacy Protection then check the box for "Encrypt all my logs to protect my privacy" then set a password...

well, since the encryption thing has bugs in it and it'll only be fixed in the net update (so i heard...) youcan hide the files. Right click the "my chat logs" file>properties>"Hidden only" (check that.)

At the top of windows explorer (the window which you're browsing in with the folders...) go to Tools> folder options>view>hidden files and folders (sub title)> "do not show my hidden files and folders"

i hope that works for you.
RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Anubis on 08-20-2004 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

well, since the encryption thing has bugs in it and it'll only be fixed in the net update (so i heard...) youcan hide the files. Right click the "my chat logs" file>properties>"Hidden only" (check that.)
It may have bugs in it, but most of the time it works, I know a few people who use it, and I do myself with no problems...
RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Patchou on 08-20-2004 at 08:18 AM

quote:
It may have bugs in it, but most of the time it works, I know a few people who use it, and I do myself with no problems
You can't imagine how pleased I am to read this for once. Thank you Anubis.
RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Millenium_edition on 08-20-2004 at 11:31 AM

I'm sure the encryption has no bugs, but people report bugs because they forgot their password. I'm sure 80% of those who'se password is "changed" actually wants to get somebody's password.

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Anubis on 08-20-2004 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

I'm sure the encryption has no bugs
No, if you look back at the past months you'll see there has been bugs
Edit: However some will have just forgotten their password
RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Millenium_edition on 08-20-2004 at 11:37 AM

Look, I don't want to go on about this discussion... But seriously, do you think it's just bad luck that ONLY new members have bugs with encryption? New members: people that come here to "hack encryption  logs".

RE: HELP! PLEEASE! by Anubis on 08-20-2004 at 11:47 AM

quote:
do you think it's just bad luck that ONLY new members have bugs with encryption?
Suppose, but I've heard of older members experiencing similar things, from in the past don't expect me to back it up. And the bug has been acknowledged by several people...please refrain from claiming of bugs you think don't exist because of you personal views.
quote:
people that come here to "hack encryption  logs".
Good luck to them ;)
quote:
Look, I don't want to go on about this discussion.
Then don't :p