Shoutbox

The Sims 2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Sims 2 (/showthread.php?tid=30190)

The Sims 2 by Historically on 08-20-2004 at 01:44 AM

The sims 2 is due in less than a month. I can barley contain my excitment. I'll get on the day it comes out but probs wont be able to play it till the 18th. It's my brothers birthday present. His birthday is on the 16th then we going into town to get it early. He'll hog it all day. *sigh* No computer for a die how will I live. Well i could swap roles with my brother...[Image: annoy.gif] But I dont think that will work. Maybe i should keep him up alnight on his birthday so he'll fall asleep early next night and i can rule the world[Image: banana_freaky.gif] Or maybe I could ask him for a go. Anyway it's going to brilliant. More than 2 floors. Theres 1 hitch. They've made it so creating your people takes a lot of time becuase it's so detailed. So if you make a big family it's gonna take ages. But think of this they grow. Oh god [Image: throwpc.gif] it'll be a while before I get the money cheat. Just think actualy having to work for money and not just adding 100,000 to my bank whenever I feel like it. The Sims 2 Website

RE: The Sims 2 by bach_m on 08-20-2004 at 02:00 AM

lol. I do really wanna play it, but my computer can't handle it, and i really don't care enuff to buy a new one or buy a new graphics card and processor.

RE: The Sims 2 by Fraisie on 08-20-2004 at 02:05 AM

I cant wait ! It's gonna be awesome !

RE: The Sims 2 by lopardo on 08-20-2004 at 05:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
lol. I do really wanna play it, but my computer can't handle it, and i really don't care enuff to buy a new one or buy a new graphics card and processor.

Same here :(

* lopardo remembers the first time he played The Sims on his old Pentium 133...
RE: The Sims 2 by Eljay on 08-20-2004 at 07:21 AM

tbh its the urbz that im looking forward to most

RE: The Sims 2 by Anubis on 08-20-2004 at 08:06 AM

Is coming out in the UK on September 17th? I'm saving up for it now :D. However when I was in Scarborough not long ago, I saw it in Game, there...:dodgy: Game...However I only saw it for about 20 seconds, it may have just been a promotional case...

RE: The Sims 2 by Chestah on 08-20-2004 at 08:50 AM

yeah it looks good, i think i'll spend my money on hl2 tho.... thats if it comes out =/ :P

RE: The Sims 2 by Pr0xY on 08-20-2004 at 03:02 PM

I've heard alot about the Sims2, like 3 story house's.  But like alot of users, my computer isn't fit enough to handle such a game.... dodgy

RE: The Sims 2 by The Napster on 08-20-2004 at 03:37 PM

Id love to get it... And yes my new PC can ahndle it, but as 
Chestah007 said id rather use my money to buy halo 2 or Splinter cell 3 (not sure its coming out in October or somethin)

RE: The Sims 2 by Historically on 08-20-2004 at 05:41 PM

Well im kinda come from a well to do family i'll get all three :D

RE: The Sims 2 by Chestah on 08-20-2004 at 10:44 PM

lol cause your so rich Historically, wanna buy us all a copy :P ;)

RE: The Sims 2 by jren207 on 08-20-2004 at 11:05 PM

OoO can't wait. My PC can handle it lol. I liked the older sims... so i'm gonna like this :D

RE: RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 08-21-2004 at 07:32 AM

quote:

Same!
RE: The Sims 2 by Eljay on 08-21-2004 at 07:44 AM

:cheesy:im buying it coz u can have doors and windows on diagonal walls :cheesy:

RE: The Sims 2 by azn angel on 08-21-2004 at 10:40 AM

I want it!!!!!! but my friend wants it....that means buying new addons (like vacation, hot date etc.) but yeh freaky stuff..
oh wells il probably get it off someone

RE: The Sims 2 by user27089 on 08-21-2004 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
:cheesy:im buying it coz u can have doors and windows on diagonal walls :cheesy:

You're buying it for the walls.... :loser:

quote:
Originally posted by Historically

Well im kinda come from a well to do family i'll get all three :D

Just because you have three games doesn't make you rich mate ;)

The game looks ok, but they get boring after a while and  lose their novelty.
RE: The Sims 2 by Pr0xY on 08-21-2004 at 06:44 PM

Does anyone know how much memory it will take up?  Cause this game seems really cool form the reviews.  I'm hoping it will fit on my computer but I'm doubting it. 

RE: The Sims 2 by bach_m on 08-21-2004 at 09:03 PM

http://thesims2.ea.com/about_system_specs.php

RE: The Sims 2 by Phrive on 08-21-2004 at 10:15 PM

i have pre-order the sims 2 already :) and got alittle promotion disk with fatures of it and things i like the bit were u make people most the graphics are awesome :)

RE: The Sims 2 by Mippo on 08-22-2004 at 06:07 AM

I think it's gonna be awesome! There was a preview from it in a Benelux game mag and it says there are sooo many improved things. According to that Sims page my comp can handle it, easily! :cheesy:

I couldn't be arsed to dowload the Sims Bodyshop already, but might do to be prepared... :P

RE: The Sims 2 by chungster on 08-24-2004 at 12:38 PM

i think it wont be all that great just a bit better than sims 1 cuz its same idea jsut more options

nvm i went to the site and the features r pretty cool

RE: The Sims 2 by bach_m on 08-24-2004 at 02:09 PM

THE SIMS 2 HAS GONE GOLD!

more info here

RE: The Sims 2 by Dan0208 on 08-26-2004 at 10:28 AM

taken from the The Sims™ 2 Minimum System Specs:

*At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Whoa thats a fair bit for a game installation.

RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 08-26-2004 at 01:04 PM

I hope theres not as many expansion packs and thier all just bigger because it was so expensive buying like six or seven expansions and running out of room and it ran slower because of all the new items :(

RE: The Sims 2 by jren207 on 08-27-2004 at 03:47 PM

lol, it takes me ages to do a full system antiv-virus scan with just the sims, imagine doing a scan with sims 2 at that size installed :O

RE: The Sims 2 by Huuf on 08-27-2004 at 04:38 PM

the cd-rom version is 4 cd's big

dvd is 1 dvd 8-)

let's see that's why you need a nvidia 6800 8-)

neh i'm gonna buy the dvd, (special preorder :p)

RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 08-29-2004 at 02:15 AM

The Sims 2 Minimum System Specs

256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000

I have 248.0 MB RAM and WIndows ME

Do you think this will still work and just be slow?

At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
I have 2.0gb haha but i can delete some other stuff

2.0 GHz processor or better

i have a Intel Celeron D, im not sure how fast it is unless some one can find out..Its only 3 weeks old after my old motherboard crashed so its the newest build.

RE: The Sims 2 by user27089 on 08-29-2004 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
The Sims 2 Minimum System Specs

256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000

I have 248.0 MB RAM and WIndows ME

Do you think this will still work and just be slow?

At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
I have 2.0gb haha but i can delete some other stuff

2.0 GHz processor or better

i have a Intel Celeron D, im not sure how fast it is unless some one can find out..Its only 3 weeks old after my old motherboard crashed so its the newest build.

I have all of them requirements completely aced.

But its a little bit over the top for a game, do people see why I don't buy games for the pc, I think its a waste of space, whats the point, when you can buy games for the xbox, no installation, same ish graphics.
RE: The Sims 2 by Chestah on 08-29-2004 at 10:09 AM

yeah the Sims 2 is one of those games that looks good and no doubt will be fun to play forawhile. Then you'll get over it until they release a new expansion pack, then like another day or so and its completely dead. I'm definitly saving my money for Hl2 :P great gameplay and then when the hype is over you've got online play :)

RE: The Sims 2 by user27089 on 08-29-2004 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
yeah the Sims 2 is one of those games that looks good and no doubt will be fun to play forawhile. Then you'll get over it until they release a new expansion pack, then like another day or so and its completely dead. I'm definitly saving my money for Hl2 :P great gameplay and then when the hype is over you've got online play :)

Very true, thats the problem with all games, you buy them and then after a while they suck, but if you get a trully good game then its always good, final fantasy games have never been good by the way, and never will. i just had to say that But the sims will just get boring, it always does! The expansion packs are just that little bit less boring, its alwayys the same thing. Halo 2 is going to be great, but I think I may have to get half-life 2 on pc, but if its out on xbox then you know what i'll choose.
RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 08-29-2004 at 12:06 PM

will it matter if it says 256MB ram and i only have 248?

RE: The Sims 2 by bach_m on 08-29-2004 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
will it matter if it says 256MB ram and i only have 248?

with your system specs, i doubt it will work.

How big is your HArd drive? not free space. overall.

The intel website says that the Celeraon D is 2.4 to 2.8 GHz, so that should be fine.

but not with that little harddrive space, u'd need more RAM
RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 09-19-2004 at 12:26 PM

quote:

How big is your HArd drive? not free space. overall.

but not with that little harddrive space, u'd need more RAM

C: and D: Are both 20gb hdd's.   C has 2.08gb free and D has 16.8GB Free so im no problem with space.

Just that bloody RAM...i cant afford another ram stick, thats $80 again..
RE: The Sims 2 by Jhrono on 09-19-2004 at 12:34 PM

In Portugal It's allready out :)...They're 4 cds that will be 2.5 gb in ur hard drive:)...i don't like sims very much (in the gameplay), cause i just love to build houses:)...

RE: The Sims 2 by teddytim on 09-19-2004 at 01:55 PM

im playing at the Pleasant family right now in the Pleasantville neighborhood.

so far ive (me being the dad) successfully kept my affair with the maid a secret from my entire family (wife and twin daughters). i wanna see how long this can last.

the wife is is difficult to play as, seeing how she is depressed all the time.

the twins is easy, as long as the hang out with their boyfriends and do their homework, that'll  keep'em happy.

RE: The Sims 2 by Vilkku on 09-19-2004 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by teddytim
so far ive (me being the dad) successfully kept my affair with the maid a secret from my entire family (wife and twin daughters). i wanna see how long this can last.
I HAVE to get this game :P
RE: The Sims 2 by Maniac on 09-19-2004 at 02:48 PM

LMAO.... yeah i remember spending so much time with the first game having WEIRD relationships all over the place..... it was hilarious :)

RE: The Sims 2 by saralk on 09-19-2004 at 03:19 PM

Im not sure if my pc can run the game, My laptop graphics card just says "Radeon Mobile" or something similar, does anyone know if that'll run it?

Its a 1.2ghz processor, with 256MB Ram, and enough HDD space

RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 09-20-2004 at 01:48 AM

Well im going to the shops right now to buy it i only have 248.0mb RAM and it says 256 Hopefully it will work, if not ill have to save another $80 for more RAM...here goes

RE: The Sims 2 by Fraisie on 09-20-2004 at 05:49 AM

The game is great !

I bought it friday and I cant stop playing !

RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 09-20-2004 at 11:22 AM

I brought it, first off i couldnt find the serial code it said it was on the back cover but it was actually inside so i went to the shop, they showed me where it was (Its a ten min walk to the shop each way) Then i came back and it wasnt installing properly, turned out i had a faulty copy so i went back to the shop AGAIN and they said they had exchanged heaps and its a glitchy game so i came home installed the new copy to D: and it didnt work so i came on the msgplus IRC channel n swore at people cause they wouldnt help me (sorry wdz and others) then i moved heaps of shit from C to D and installed to C and it worked, called the shop and told them its not faulty just glitched for future notice, Then it wouldnt load the neighbourhood so i called the support line and they just told me i didnt have enough RAM (i thought that was it but it was so glitchy i might as well call even at $3 a minute) so now because i have 248.0mb RAM and not 256  (come on, its 8mb!) It wont run so now i have to save up $115 (ive got 20c) So i can buy more RAM to play it...geez..it better be good!

P.S if anyones loaded and would like to donate to the "Scones computer sucks and needs RAM to play games fund" P.M Me and send money!! $$$$

RE: The Sims 2 by xsRush on 09-21-2004 at 03:19 AM

I got my copy the day it came out, an have been on it for hours each day :)
The only problems i have had so far is one of my children running away from home on it lol

RE: The Sims 2 by marissa on 09-21-2004 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xsRush
my children running away from home on it lol

my kid drowned in the pool... actually...i killed it, i  took out the ladders. IM SO SORRY!!!.. fun game ;)
RE: The Sims 2 by lopardo on 09-21-2004 at 06:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa

my kid drowned in the pool... actually...i killed it, i  took out the ladders. IM SO SORRY!!!.. fun game ;)
:lol: That was a classic in The Sims 1 :-)
RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 09-21-2004 at 11:44 AM

I made a house of death in the sims1 and exploited every death... Drowning...Starvation..Burning...Electrocuting...Whatever else there was that i cant remember

RE: The Sims 2 by paperless on 09-22-2004 at 10:32 AM

I didnt try test all the deaths on sims 2 yet but one sim of mine died because he fainted (that happens when you energy bar is completely red ) 3 times then he died lol.
On this sims when the enregy bar is ompletely low the dont fall on te floor sleeping they faint.

Now one other case: Look at the pic its obviously by the cotext of the image that it represents weed but Maxis cant admit it  ill post the original polemic thread link.

Image: Here
Theread: Here

RE: The Sims 2 by Pyroteq on 09-22-2004 at 12:55 PM

LoL ill agree with the weed theory there