Shoutbox

- Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: (/showthread.php?tid=30198)

by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-20-2004 at 07:03 AM

Hi, I would like to ask ppl what they think about the idea of Animated DPīs as an external program that proxies your MSN Messenger?

I want to create this app for you, but there would have to be enough ppl willing to use this App before I would even begin Experimenting with this....

Iīm almost sure that itīs possible to do it the way I want , but Iīll have to do some experimenting before I can be absolutly sure, but if there is not enough support for this then I donīt even want to waste my time.....:S

Please Vote in the Poll... :D.....

by Stigmata on 08-20-2004 at 08:00 AM

ill give u all the help you need in making it :D

by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-20-2004 at 10:17 AM

BTW, to ALL the ppl answering "Maybe.. Depending On..":
I would really like if you could write a comment on what would make you change your mind... What is the reason for your answer? ...

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
ill give u all the help you need in making it :D
Thx... :D... Iīll contact you if I decide to start this... :D
by Millenium_edition on 08-20-2004 at 11:32 AM

i wouldn't mind, if it's open sourced. good luck tough to make it.

by tomfletcherman on 08-20-2004 at 06:21 PM

Maybe...depending on:

Simply have a plus plugin that recognises when to run the proxy program, so it isn't always on. Other people also have plugin which automatically communicates they are using animated pictures and this initiates the proxy.

by Locoguy87 on 08-20-2004 at 07:30 PM

id be willing to test anything, just let me know if you need testers

by MC Inferno on 08-20-2004 at 07:59 PM

I'll test anything too :)

by Stigmata on 08-20-2004 at 08:14 PM

he hasnt even made it yet :S

Ž_Ž and whats testing got to do with it ....

by lopardo on 08-21-2004 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Maybe...depending on:

Simply have a plus plugin that recognises when to run the proxy program, so it isn't always on. Other people also have plugin which automatically communicates they are using animated pictures and this initiates the proxy.

My AppLoader plugin could be configured to run this program and to close it automatically after you close Messenger :)
So I go for yes :)
by Millenium_edition on 08-21-2004 at 01:32 AM

you can do that with mspglus plugins too, remember?

by RebelSean on 08-21-2004 at 02:18 AM

I give it a (y). Good Luck with it. I hope you can get it to work. :p

I'll beta test for you if you need any. :d

by marissa on 08-21-2004 at 03:19 AM

they'd be anoying...the same shit over and over again. sorry *-)

by bostonfanx on 08-21-2004 at 03:37 AM

Sounds awesome... smart idea... i think you should develop it :D .... i've got a bunch of animated display pics i'd like to try on

by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-21-2004 at 06:21 AM

Hmm... Seems Like there is some ppl that would like this??? :D....
I think I'll give it try when I have finished my current project....

quote:
Maybe...depending on:

I don't think this is possible the way I want to do it.... :S.. I want a proxy running and then send the picture via the ordinary P2P in the MSNP.... this proxy will have to connect as soon as the client wants to connect and take over the connection procedure, and everything else... so you can't just turn on and off while having the client running, but you can just quit the client and then quit the proxy and then start the client without the proxy... :D....

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
you can do that with mspglus plugins too, remember?

????
Proxy with the msgplus plugins? or animated dp's with msgplus plugins?
by bostonfanx on 08-21-2004 at 07:24 AM

1) what is your current project?

2) any time frame on when this plugin/app will be developed?

by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-21-2004 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bostonfanx

1) what is your current project?

Nothing to do with msn messenger.... :S... I'm currently doing a Winamp Controller Via Speech Recognition... :D....

quote:

2) any time frame on when this plugin/app will be developed?

No sorry.... I'll ask out a few ppl if they can help me when I start, coz I know there is gonna be some coding I need help with.... :D...

Edit:

BTW, I'm not even sure if it's possible, but my sense and knowledge tells me that it should be....
And also, you know by doing this as a proxy it would be illegal..... :S... hehe.... so you would be doing illegal stuff when using this one....
by Millenium_edition on 08-21-2004 at 03:56 PM

I was referring to lopardo's post. his program has no use as the Initialize and Uninitialize events are called on startup/unload

by jren207 on 08-21-2004 at 05:09 PM

It seems cool. I'd like to give it a try when you finish. I would use an external program.

by bostonfanx on 08-21-2004 at 05:30 PM

I really don't care it it's legal or not.. The MSN team should have implemented this a long time ago and if their program does not sattisfy me the way it should then i will force it too.

Animated display pics where said to como in MSN 6.1, after it was released everybody was disappointed. Now if they would not have announced it I really would not care. But they let me and ALOT of MSN user disappointed.

by chris on 08-21-2004 at 08:46 PM

It seems like it should be possible because Smiley Central can add animated emoticons in msn messenger its not through a proxy but im pretty sure both people would have to have this program for it to work but i am not sure since its a proxy? mabey it will work if the other person doesnt have it?

by jren207 on 08-21-2004 at 08:52 PM

It's likely that both people woyld have to have it, because Smiley Central works a decoder as well as something that sends information, because it decodes speial code sent by the other user to and changes it into a pic.

by lopardo on 08-21-2004 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I was referring to lopardo's post. his program has no use as the Initialize and Uninitialize events are called on startup/unload
If he implements it as an external program, then AppLoader would have a use...

BTW, maybe it could be implemented as a plugin for MSN Proxy?
by bostonfanx on 08-22-2004 at 01:18 AM

When/if you decide to make it i will be more than happy to alpha/beta test.

by tomfletcherman on 08-22-2004 at 04:57 PM

Well if you used the MSNP to do this, when the animation is loading, their display pictuer could be a progress bar. Just a suggestion for the in program part. A plugin could manage the whole thing just through msnp, it would register as a normal file transfer, but the plugin just moves the progress bar to the display picture, and when it has loaded shows their animation with that 'write over part of window thing'

by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-22-2004 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Well if you used the MSNP to do this, when the animation is loading, their display pictuer could be a progress bar. Just a suggestion for the in program part. A plugin could manage the whole thing just through msnp, it would register as a normal file transfer, but the plugin just moves the progress bar to the display picture, and when it has loaded shows their animation with that 'write over part of window thing'

This is exactly what It's not going to be... :D.... if I succed then there is going to be no "write over part of window thing"... :P... and while loading you will just see the usual "msn logo".... :D... but of course this is only if this project succeds....

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
If he implements it as an external program, then AppLoader would have a use...

yes, this is the times when apploader can come in handy... :D..

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
BTW, maybe it could be implemented as a plugin for MSN Proxy?

Yeah, good idea.... I'll take a look at this when I have finished...

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
It's likely that both people woyld have to have it, because Smiley Central works a decoder as well as something that sends information, because it decodes speial code sent by the other user to and changes it into a pic.

Yes both parts will have to use this program.... :S:(...
by Yousef on 08-22-2004 at 09:33 PM

I just experimented with some 'drawover' stuff. It works quite well, you set a gif from the internet, then the url & email will be stored in my site's db. When someone else with the program opens a window with you the program checks the database for your email and if he finds a corresponding url he'll see the gif @ the DP place. If anyone is interested I'll consider making it a feature in ADP...

by (CyBeRDuDe) on 08-23-2004 at 10:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noelie
I just experimented with some 'drawover' stuff. It works quite well, you set a gif from the internet, then the url & email will be stored in my site's db. When someone else with the program opens a window with you the program checks the database for your email and if he finds a corresponding url he'll see the gif @ the DP place. If anyone is interested I'll consider making it a feature in ADP...

Hey thatīs really cool... could you give out the source???... can it be used together with animated pics??

by da_unruled on 08-23-2004 at 10:58 AM

I'd do it depending on a few things.
it would have to be very descrete, use little ram and sit in the tray or not at all. And seemless integration.

by bostonfanx on 08-25-2004 at 04:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noelie

Seems like an interesting idea. How soon can you implement?
by aNILEator on 08-25-2004 at 07:19 AM

no he isn't, i've been testing with him indeed it does work quite well but it is as he says, just a layover effect.

so if your DP is bigger or smaller than 96x96 it doesn't look that brilliant and it isn't actually latched into messenger so you couldn't go.

ooo i have a .gif on my hard-drive I want to use.

It is the best idea so far though, And it would be a very good idea in ADP
(lol people will soon start calling it Animated Display Picture I think)
but still i Think if the source where to be given to TB hed do something outstanding with it then shrug his shoulders and play Doom3 again

by Millenium_edition on 08-25-2004 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
but still i Think if the source where to be given to TB
wtf :s ? why do you want to give the source to TB? to add it to SPNG? right. if TB wanted to add it, he'd do it with asm skills, and i'm pretty sure he doesn't want the source of it =/
by tomfletcherman on 08-26-2004 at 07:57 AM

Just someone do it lol, it will be good

by CookieRevised on 08-26-2004 at 10:31 AM

[OFFTOPIC]

quote:
Animated display pics where said to como in MSN 6.1, after it was released everybody was disappointed. Now if they would not have announced it I really would not care. But they let me and ALOT of MSN user disappointed.
FYI, they NEVER anounced that. They anounced something totaly different (which, btw, they have implemented like they said they will)... in the futur read what is officialy anounced and don't twist it around to something you want it to be...

I'm not going to put more into this... this has been discussed, replied to and claryfied enough in the past... search the forums...
[/OFFTOPIC]
by aNILEator on 08-31-2004 at 08:54 PM

So is there anynew news/ development on either of these ideas and projects?

by Mike on 09-01-2004 at 06:41 AM

Maybe... Depending on because:
I never used a proxy on msn or any other program so i dont actually know how it works...
And from what i heard messenger discovery uses proxy too and msn was really buged... :S
But i also heard that this all was fixed in MD 2...

by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 08:48 AM

I was a bit busy with other things and won't have much time this week either..

by lhunath on 09-02-2004 at 11:54 AM

(CyBeRDuDe)
Listen up, I've wanted to create something like this as well some time ago; but alot more advanced and decent.
You should really check out the topic on this forum about it. If you decide you want to help me out with the way I wanted to do it; or inherit some ideas; let me know and you have me on your side as a coder.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=250749#pid250749

Edit:
Damn, ignore this post =P just noticed you commented on the thread. I haven't looked at it since a while. *whistles*