Shoutbox

WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! (/showthread.php?tid=30205)

WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by steviespin on 08-20-2004 at 02:40 PM

Hi.

Somethign really weird happened on MSN the other day.

deleted someoen fro my list and was pretty sure they had blocked and/or deleted me too.

A few days after this, I signed into MSN and a window popped up of that person. I knew it was their current name cause it made a reference to that current day. they had no sent me a message (no text and no "last msg sent") and I couldn't even type in the window. it was greyed out.

How on Earth did this happen? Does anyone know?

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by MC Inferno on 08-20-2004 at 03:04 PM

Welcome to the forums :)

Erm.... I dont think is much of a problem. did you have a set-back message or anythin?

Jus though, it also could be that he DIDNT blocked you, and when you signed in, for some reason h displayed it for a secod, but then you appeared offline to him. Therfore, he clicked on you, doesnt say anything because you look offline now, its grey because you've blocked him/her. I think that makes sense

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by steviespin on 08-20-2004 at 03:07 PM

NO i don't

it's not so much a problem as a mystery.. like why did this happen?!
s

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by MC Inferno on 08-20-2004 at 03:08 PM

Sorry, check my edited post.

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by The Napster on 08-20-2004 at 03:34 PM

Can u post a pic?

But if im right its because u deleted him, so hes not on ur Allow list. Thats why you cant type to him...

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by marissa on 08-20-2004 at 07:08 PM

That happened to me too, it is because they're not on your allow list...because you deleted them. Im sure you can unblock him/her (maybe from my experience) and it will be fine.

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by MC Inferno on 08-20-2004 at 07:55 PM

Thats not what he's saying. He wants to know why the box suddenly came up for no reason.

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by marissa on 08-20-2004 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steviespin
and I couldn't even type in the window. it was greyed out.

Well fine. okay.

The thing probably popped up because that contact re-added you to his access list and since you deleted him msn was probably making sure it was alright that he can still contact you. (if this is what you mean...this time.)
RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by MC Inferno on 08-20-2004 at 09:45 PM

Sort of. i was thinkig that the was a slight glitch where when he signed in it hadnt of blocked the fella so he signed in, looked normal to the other fella who opened the conversation box, and then msn blocks it. Nobody says anything because he can't and the person who opened the convo box now thinks that he's gone offline. If you know what I mean?

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by steviespin on 08-22-2004 at 01:54 AM

Except that the window  only pops open once someoen has sent some text to you. nothign had been typed at all!

RE: WEIRD MSN HPPAENING. please advise! by marissa on 08-22-2004 at 09:15 PM

hm. this is confusing...so,
1. do you have the green msn icon where the block button usually is when he opened a conversation?
2. did you set a come back message like MC ask?
3. do you have stuffpluf ng installed so it tells you when someone has opened the conversation? If you do, you could have clicked that toast (the pop up thing) thinking it said "so and so says: yayayay"