Shoutbox

email link not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: email link not working (/showthread.php?tid=30247)

email link not working by dragoness27 on 08-21-2004 at 05:58 AM

i've had plus! for a few weeks now, but this just started happening a couple of days ago...
when i try to click on the link to go to my email (the one that says x new messages) it doesn't work!  it still looks like a link, but it won't go to my email or even open up a window.  nothing happens when i click on the icon in the task bar and go to 'email inbox' there either. 
i have no clue what's going on and it's kind of a hassle b/c i have to open up hotmail and go through that way...
any ideas?
thx,
v

RE: email link not working by Choli on 08-21-2004 at 10:46 AM

Try this: In the preferences of plus (menu Plus > preferences) go to POP3 mail and disable it.

RE: email link not working by dragoness27 on 08-21-2004 at 03:43 PM

it is disabled already... :(

RE: RE: email link not working by Blade! on 08-24-2004 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dragoness27
i've had plus! for a few weeks now, but this just started happening a couple of days ago...
when i try to click on the link to go to my email (the one that says x new messages) it doesn't work!  it still looks like a link, but it won't go to my email or even open up a window.  nothing happens when i click on the icon in the task bar and go to 'email inbox' there either. 
i have no clue what's going on and it's kind of a hassle b/c i have to open up hotmail and go through that way...
any ideas?
thx,

I have the same problem too and it pisses me really off. I dont want to re-install WindowsXP though. Don't know is this bug (or wahtever it is) Windows/MSN Messenger, or MsgPlus! related? This email link thingie is pretty usable, 'cos it easy to use and it reports incoming mails automatically.

Re-installing MsgPlus or MSN Messenger does not eliminate the problem.
Please help somebody...

BTW: i have removed Windows Messenger.
RE: email link not working by jren207 on 08-24-2004 at 01:45 AM

It happened to me but I just restarted my MSN and it was ok. Have you installed anythin else like messenger discovery?

RE: email link not working by dragoness27 on 08-24-2004 at 02:53 AM

oddly enough, just yesterday i tried the link again and... IT'S WORKING!  the only thing i've done since the problem started was to clean out adware/spyware... maybe there was something there screwing it all up.  good luck blade!

RE: email link not working by Blade! on 08-24-2004 at 03:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dragoness27
oddly enough, just yesterday i tried the link again and... IT'S WORKING!  the only thing i've done since the problem started was to clean out adware/spyware... maybe there was something there screwing it all up.  good luck blade!

What adware remover you are using? Maybe that helps me to get rid of this disease too.
RE: email link not working by marissa on 08-24-2004 at 03:54 AM

When i had this problem i just ended the iexplorer.exe(or your browser) and then it opened up fine. But yeah...adware/spyware could have done something to my browser then too :undecided:

RE: RE: RE: email link not working by Blade! on 08-24-2004 at 01:03 PM

Wery weird, email link is working now...didn't have to do anything special, i just rebooted my crappy PC.
Long time a go, that woudn't help at all it was just jammed. Thanks for help anyway...

RE: email link not working by lopardo on 08-24-2004 at 01:41 PM

What browser are you using? Any plugins or other add-ons? A friend of mine is having trouble sometimes too.

RE: email link not working by Blade! on 08-24-2004 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
What browser are you using? Any plugins or other add-ons? A friend of mine is having trouble sometimes too.

Talking to me? Anyway i'm using IE with very few plug-ins. I have Macromedia flash or something installed.

RE: email link not working by lopardo on 08-24-2004 at 02:07 PM

Was talking about Plus plugins or Messenger add-ons :)

RE: RE: email link not working by Blade! on 08-24-2004 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Was talking about Plus plugins or Messenger add-ons :)

lol, what a misunderstanding.

I'm not using any plugins or add-ons except MsgPlus!