Shoutbox

Background colours in Dispaly name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Background colours in Dispaly name (/showthread.php?tid=30320)

Background colours in Dispaly name by GuitarboiUK on 08-22-2004 at 10:48 PM

is there a text background colour tag that will work in the Display name? I have tried (!FG<number>) but it dont work. I am using the ·$<number> to colour the text itself, and that works.

RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by frankiedaman on 08-22-2004 at 11:42 PM

try getting Colournick v2 from the Messenger Plus plugins page, that has lots of tools to customize your nickname with colours and such. it'll allow you to colour your nickname, both text and/or background without having to know any code

RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by marissa on 08-23-2004 at 03:58 AM

hello:) welcome to the forums, to make your name with a background colour try using this:
type /nick in a conversation window> hold ctrl and hit k and add > , < a comma:p  and the choose your colour from the box. (it'll stay there as you press the comma too) then choose the number of colour( anumber will appear thats why...) and then type your nick name out and press enter and there, you have a pretty lookin' nick :grin: and you can also ad colour letters again too:D

/nick (ctrl k),(numbercolour) nickname

Edit: thanks matty. but i dont see ctrl+ anywhere :p :S wow confusion.

RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by matty on 08-23-2004 at 04:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
hello:) welcome to the forums, to make your name with a background colour try using this:
type /nick in a conversation window> hold ctrl and hit > , < a comma:p and the choose your colour from the box. (it'll stay there as you press the comma too) then choose the number of colour( anumber will appear thats why...) and then type your nick name out and press enter and there, you have a pretty lookin' nick :grin: and you can also ad colour letters again too:D

/nick (ctrl),(numbercolour) nickname

Marissa where the hell did ctrl+comma come from? Its CTRL+K CTRL+, does nothing :S
RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by user27089 on 08-23-2004 at 08:36 AM

quote:
type /nick in a conversation window> hold ctrl and hit k and add > , < a comma:p  and the choose your colour from the box. (it'll stay there as you press the comma too) then choose the number of colour( anumber will appear thats why...) and then type your nick name out and press enter and there, you have a pretty lookin' nick :grin: and you can also ad colour letters again too:D

/nick (ctrl k),(numbercolour) nickname

Edit: thanks matty. but i dont see ctrl+ anywhere :p :S wow confusion.

This doesn't change the background colour at all, it only changes the color of the text, (!FGxx) changes the background color, just choose inbetween 1-100 for you background color.
RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by marissa on 08-23-2004 at 08:41 AM

no, it changes it:p im serious. try it, it works. :|

RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by user27089 on 08-23-2004 at 08:43 AM

quote:
no, it changes it:p im serious. try it, it works. :|

I know, How do you think I have a colorful name in msn :o, the ctrl + k only edits the fobnt color :S
RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by Eljay on 08-23-2004 at 09:29 AM

no seriously it works i tried it
1. type /nick folowed by a space
2. press Ctrl and k but DONT choose a color
3. press the comma key
4. THEN pick a color for your background
5. press Ctrl and k again
6. choose a color for your text
7. type your name
8. and voila :p

RE: Background colours in Dispaly name by CookieRevised on 08-23-2004 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
2. press Ctrl and k but DONT choose a color
3. press the comma key
4. THEN pick a color for your background
5. press Ctrl and k again
6. choose a color for your text
No, you only need to press ctrl+k once, and specify a foreground color enter a comma and specify the background color;

To end the confussion:

the format is:
<ctrl+k>FGC,BGC

FGC = foreground color
BGC = Background color

eg: /nick <ctrl+k>45,12my colored nick with background color

or use the color-tags:
(!FCxx) Set the color of the text (xx is between 01 and 67)
(!FGxx) Set the background color of the text

eg: /nick (!FC45)(!FG12)my colored nick with background color

see:
http://old.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors
http://old.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php
(all explained there ;))