Shoutbox

More Winamp Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: More Winamp Problems (/showthread.php?tid=30332)

More Winamp Problems by MC Inferno on 08-23-2004 at 01:08 AM

Not really a Plus! problem, but it wouldn't be the first time i've asked this forum about Non-Plu! stuff. i've just posted this on winamp forums but they tend to be a little slow on the uptake (Soz if one of their community ppl are reading this... you are still the dog's bollox like) while Msg. Plus! aint, so I thought I'd ask here too:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191012

Thanx for the help ppl :)

(No jokes about the crap hard drive :P)

RE: More Winamp Problems by chris on 08-23-2004 at 02:09 AM

Cant you just click add folder and then add the CD drive and then do it agin for the other drive? if not im pretty sure if you put like
D:\Music\[all you mp3's here]
E:\Music\[More mp3's]
then just click add dir and just add both music folders off both drives i am pretty sure it would work i dont got any disks with mp3's around so i cant test but should do:)
Edit: then you woudl do the same and add the folder with the music on your hd and then just tell winamp to play random tracks

RE: More Winamp Problems by MC Inferno on 08-23-2004 at 02:34 AM

Er.... No, thatt doesnt work... it looks for it, but its like its added the folder (ie. the folder being the CD) and then not finding anything.

I was thinking a winamp plug - in could o the trick or something like that.

RE: More Winamp Problems by chris on 08-23-2004 at 03:21 AM

are you sure? Im useing winamp 5 and i just tested it and it worked for me? My cd drive is E:\ and F:\ and look at the screen shot it showes all the songs on that disk:S

RE: More Winamp Problems by lopardo on 08-23-2004 at 05:16 AM

In the playlist window, click Add > Dir, then add both your drives, remember to check the "Recurse subdirectories" checkbox:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=296059]

RE: More Winamp Problems by MC Inferno on 08-23-2004 at 02:53 PM

Like this? Coz thats what i'm doing, and this isnt working...

RE: More Winamp Problems by matty on 08-23-2004 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Like this? Coz thats what i'm doing, and this isnt working...
If you click the Plus beside your CD Drive what do you see there? Sub folders? If so what if you try adding those?
RE: More Winamp Problems by lopardo on 08-23-2004 at 03:25 PM

What happens if you add the files directly from the playlist (add > dir)? Do the files show up correctly from Explorer?

And BTW, please compress your images into a jpg or png, you're killing my modem ;-)

RE: More Winamp Problems by MC Inferno on 08-23-2004 at 11:12 PM

Sorry about the pic being a big file :P

If i add it without clicking the plus it cant find any files. Now if i click it, nothing happens excepot that plus just dissapears and I'm left with the same problem (when I click it, nothing is added)

The tracks come up fine in explorer and if i use the ML's wateer leter drive option, I can play it normally :S

RE: More Winamp Problems by Wabz on 08-24-2004 at 09:53 AM

You may have a damaged Dll file if this is the situation!  that box is a windows box not a winamp box

RE: More Winamp Problems by MC Inferno on 08-24-2004 at 06:50 PM

It's always been like that ever since I first got Wimamp. Even on Winamp 3 (I THINK) it was like that :S Any idea's how I can fix this?

Edit: Maybe it's just a diffrent skin to you're's?

RE: More Winamp Problems by chris on 08-24-2004 at 07:22 PM

I seen you are trying to add it throught the media library and i dont use that i just add it this way. . . look at the attached picture
[Image: attachment.php?pid=296688]