Shoutbox

path to recieved files. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: path to recieved files. (/showthread.php?tid=30341)

path to recieved files. by marissa on 08-23-2004 at 06:04 AM

and once again...Any reason why this should be doing this? or should i just reinstall msn messenger? The stupid thing wont give me a direct link...and ill do a test and edit.

edit: yeah, it did it again. and btw...the little line there is wahts supose to open it in this image, which is weird because OPEN is usually the direct link....and the whole C:/ thing
[Image: ew.jpg]

RE: path to recieved files. by Mnjul on 08-23-2004 at 06:17 AM

Do you have your Messenger patched or skinned? :)

RE: path to recieved files. by marissa on 08-23-2004 at 06:24 AM

hm, i think i have the -disable emoticon finishes- one, from before stuffplug ng. but i dont think i can find it... :undecided:

Edit: ah! i know why it does this!  my documents suddenly opens everything in paintshop pro and photoshop instead of the fax viewer thign!:D

RE: path to recieved files. by ind3nt on 08-23-2004 at 07:16 AM

that happened to me before but only when im receiving png files

RE: path to recieved files. by Anubis on 08-23-2004 at 07:56 AM

Eeek, yeah, this has happened to me and a few of my friends...
I tried working on a way to stop it and the closest I got was a way to stop it happening for a short period of time...It has nothing to do with patching MSN. In fact I had a theory it could be a conflict with Plus! because it went away for a while when I uninstalled it in a test to get rid of this problem...I found a system rollback on Windows XP stopped this problem temporarily, I uninstalled both Msg Plus! and MSN Messenger and then a reinstall. But that's the closest anyone I believe has got to solving it.

RE: path to recieved files. by marissa on 08-23-2004 at 10:38 AM

thats not the problem i had, im sure it was because it wouldnt open itself in photoshop or paintshop pro.