Shoutbox

spellchecker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: spellchecker (/showthread.php?tid=30346)

spellchecker by Yousef on 08-23-2004 at 12:59 PM

Just made a little plugin that uses MS Word to check whether your message is typed correctly, use /xspell to check your text :)
Let me know what you think

Note: of course you need MS Word installed ;)

RE: spellchecker by Anubis on 08-23-2004 at 01:01 PM

Yay, people have waited ages for a plugin like this...
Unfortunately the fact it uses M$ Word API's may make it not very popular, but luckily I have M$ Office XP :p...
Lovely plugin :p

RE: spellchecker by Phrive on 08-23-2004 at 01:03 PM

yet another nice plugin well done its very nice :)

RE: spellchecker by BEWARE^^ on 08-23-2004 at 07:53 PM

yay its a nice plugin noelie anotherplugin for me to download ;P

RE: spellchecker by matty on 08-23-2004 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Cool list! :banana:

I felt like having some fun with it, so I converted it to a .reg file that can be imported into MsgPlus.

Instructions
1. Download and unzip the attachment.
2. Open the AutoCorrect.reg file in a text editor (Notepad should do) and use the find/replace feature to replace "me@example.com" with your address.
3. While you're replacing, you might want to change the dodgy MS Word apostrophes (ASCII 146 ?) with regular ones (ASCII 39 ').
4. Exit Messenger (I dunno if it's necessary, but probably safer).
5. Merge contents of the edited AutoCorrect.reg into your registry (double-click file or right-click and select "Merge").
6. Restart Messenger and check the Plus! Preferences to see if the strings were imported successfully.

Warnings
- This is experimental. Use it at your own risk. I have tested the importing, but have not sent any test messages because I don't have any contacts online. :-/
- Update: Some other users have confirmed that it works good, so don't be too afraid to use it. :p
- Back up your MsgPlus! settings before trying this. All existing word filter strings will be overwritten.

Update: New version released; fixed a bug that created a blank entry.

Original Thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26233&pid=254269
Attachment: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=253586
RE: spellchecker by Yousef on 08-23-2004 at 11:49 PM

Didn't try it, but I think that's something else than this plugin. This one uses MS Word spellcheck (all available languages) , that means no auto-correct things, (what can be quite annoying I think) and doesn't mess with your registry.... Anyway, use the one that you like :)

btw: the original thread link is linking to this thread :P

RE: spellchecker by Epitaph on 09-09-2004 at 04:02 AM

What I would like is something similar to word where words that are spelt incorrectly are underlined that way I can just spell what i wanted if their is a mistake