Shoutbox

removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it (/showthread.php?tid=30400)

removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it by tiwer1 on 08-24-2004 at 09:09 PM

I think it would be a good idea for a plugin or the Plus! to have an option to remove the status message next to the nick that displays "online/away/busy, etc." Offline could probably stay, but make an option for each if possible, or to completely remove it, because the status icon next to the nickname changes to display the status of the contact automatically, and there are popups for status changes also.

it could also have an option for removing the text that says
"Everyone in this group is offline" when sorted as groups

RE: removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows by CookieRevised on 08-24-2004 at 09:26 PM

I disagree...

1) The icons do NOT show the current status of the person:
"brb", "away", "lunch" show the same icon
"busy", "telephone" show the same icon

2) Also, what about custom statusses? If the status isn't shown then custom statusses can't be shown also... (I know you suggested it to be an option, but still...)

3) If something is going to change/needs to be changed, then the only thing I can think of is:
* replace the "blocked" status with the real status; as you can't see (without looking in the eventlog) if the user is online, busy, away, etc. while he is blocked....

PS: double posting isn't allowed
PSS: Welcome :D

RE: removing Status "Online-Away, etc" from the contact list as the status icon shows it by .Roy on 08-24-2004 at 09:37 PM

Wow Cookie Revised Disagreed :-D... *faints* yay i also disagreed but i was the first one :-D you were second!! and this plugin isnt needed.. i can live without it