Shoutbox

help!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: help!! (/showthread.php?tid=30402)

help!! by - keef on 08-24-2004 at 09:29 PM

ever since i installed windows service pack 2 my computer's been freezing mor often...and its really anoyin...is there a way to install back service pack 1?

RE: help!! by Kryptonate on 08-24-2004 at 09:40 PM

if you have made a system restore point before the install he can undo the install of SP2. The only other way is to reinstall Windows..

RE: help!! by CookieRevised on 08-24-2004 at 09:42 PM

nope, you can uninstall it in other ways also. Even MS made a KB article for it:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875350

;)

RE: help!! by - keef on 08-24-2004 at 11:55 PM

thxs guys did this affect your comps?

RE: help!! by DJeX on 08-25-2004 at 03:15 AM

I dident install it for the thought of that exact problem. When Microsoft puts out something major like a service pack it useally don't work the way it's suspost to at first.  Then they give it to every one and wait for the people like us to email them about all the problems that it has, so they can fix it. Then which comes service pack 2.5 or 3. Or if your luckly service pack 2 fix. Woooo (Y) lol. Any way its not a great idea to download new FREE UPDATES from Microsoft with out waiting awhile. (So they can fix all the problems)

RE: help!! by spokes on 08-25-2004 at 07:24 AM

it happened to me on XP Pro so i switched back to Home

RE: help!! by Kul Eliminator on 08-25-2004 at 06:15 PM

got problems with SP2 also.

1) my webpages took 15 times longer to load ( comcast.net used o load in 2sec but now took 30)
2) most of my progs where unable to connect to the web. These included AIM, Noron Live Update, and many others yet at the same time WMP and MSN had not problem saying online
3) my pc started to freez and then crashed

thankfully the setup automaticly created a checkpoint right b4 installing

RE: help!! by RaceProUK on 08-25-2004 at 09:55 PM

Luckily I've had no major problems, but it does take longer to start up all my startup programs. Quicker booting, but slower initialising once logged in. This causes Messenger to slow to a crawl and crash, so I have to End task and restart manually.