Shoutbox

Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? (/showthread.php?tid=30404)

Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by riahc4 on 08-24-2004 at 09:47 PM

Hey i remember that one of the features of Plus! was that it removed the stupid messages about MSN and hotmail confilicting and MSN couldnt exit. Why has this been removed?

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by Chrono on 08-24-2004 at 10:05 PM

that wasnt a Plus! feature..

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by jren207 on 08-24-2004 at 10:54 PM

They don't exactly conflict. All you need to do is close the apps that are using msn messenger. They need bits from messenger, thats why they can't be closed.

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by riahc4 on 08-25-2004 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

Im sure it was.......it was in 1 i think

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by Kryptonate on 08-25-2004 at 02:03 PM

I can't remember such an option... a way to be close msn messenger without the warning is going to taskmanager by pressing ctrl + alt + del and looking for msnmsgr.exe under the processes tab and terminating it.

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by lopardo on 08-25-2004 at 03:06 PM

quote:

I think it was in v2, and I'd like to have it again too.
RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by BEWARE^^ on 08-25-2004 at 05:56 PM

quote:
i agree with chrono and as far as i know there was nothing about it in the past :
that the features of Plus! messages conflict with MSN and hotmail couldnt exit.) *-)
RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by lopardo on 08-25-2004 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^

i agree with chrono and as far as i know there was nothing about it in the past :
that the features of Plus! messages conflict with MSN and hotmail couldnt exit.) *-)

What? It simply disabled that message that appears when you are using hotmail and try to close Messenger.
RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by Phrive on 08-26-2004 at 12:22 PM

you propably got it of off mess.be as they have a patch that does this, its still there if i remember right :)
found it http://www.rick_b.dds.nl/tools/MSNKilla/index.html

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by lopardo on 08-26-2004 at 09:12 PM

It was there in Plus 2.

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by riahc4 on 08-28-2004 at 02:03 AM

naw this doesnt work its 3rd it gotta be into messenger

im glad lopardo remembers this feature

Chrono: would you please PM Patchou about it and asking if it was a past Plus! feature so we can confirm? Thank you

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by lopardo on 08-28-2004 at 02:06 AM

I'm sure it was a Plus feature because I liked it and I never used any other add-ons.

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by Chrono on 08-28-2004 at 02:09 AM

it wasnt lopardo, give up :grin:
i ont pm patchou for such a little thing.. ill ask him when i see him online, even though i confirmed with people at irc that it wasnt a feature.

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by EvilSeph on 08-28-2004 at 02:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
I'm sure it was a Plus feature because I liked it and I never used any other add-ons.

Prove it :).
RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by lopardo on 08-28-2004 at 02:19 AM

Damn, you're gonna make me install Plus 2 and test... :P

RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by Chrono on 08-28-2004 at 02:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Damn, you're gonna make me install Plus 2 and test... 
not necessary, u can search for it here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/history.php

if it isnt there, then the feature didnt exist :)
(i already searched btw :P but u never know, maybe i just missed it)
RE: Didnt Msgplus use to block the Hotmail open ect messages? by riahc4 on 09-01-2004 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Private alpha version. Messenger Plus! was completely re-coded for version 2. Details of MP2 versions before 2.00.08 are not available. 

Maybe that was it.......

Well if u ask him when hes online thanks. Or do u think if i PM him myself ill get a answer?