Shoutbox

See who rated you - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: See who rated you (/showthread.php?tid=30405)

See who rated you by RaceProUK on 08-25-2004 at 12:24 AM

I think that would be good to know, so if someone votes against you, you can find out who they are, and then why they voted negatively.

Yes I know some people may use it to find out who to harass, but people can get harassed anyway.

So, what do you think? I'd like to know who I've p*ssed off.

RE: See who rated you by bach_m on 08-25-2004 at 12:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

Yes I know some people may use it to find out who to harass, but people can get harassed anyway.

vote against you in what? the fabled reputation system DZ is working on?

I believe that only the elites and up will be able to rate you, and it will be assumed that they be fair-ish. there will be a reason, i believe. I also think that they should be annonymous, because it isn't any of your business who votes against you. just that they do.
RE: See who rated you by matty on 08-25-2004 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk

vote against you in what? the fabled reputation system DZ is working on?

I believe that only the elites and up will be able to rate you, and it will be assumed that they be fair-ish. there will be a reason, i believe. I also think that they should be annonymous, because it isn't any of your business who votes against you. just that they do.
Mike I think he means the Rate User in your profile.

Example your link to be rated: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?action=rate&uid=4837
RE: See who rated you by bach_m on 08-25-2004 at 12:58 AM

oh.. well then :P

i don't know how it works, but it might just add that value to the total, and increment the number of people who have rated the person. but i might be wrong.

RE: See who rated you by RebelSean on 08-25-2004 at 02:35 AM

I think the same thing, but I also think that when someone even rates you, even if its a good rating lets say a 5 or a 1 they should have to give a reason for that and it like either pm's you tha reason or it like umm lets you in User CP...Just my 2 cents..

RE: See who rated you by surfichris on 08-25-2004 at 02:43 AM

Who rated you what is stored in the database.

However dont you think its an invasion of someones privacy? Because I do..

RE: See who rated you by Chrono on 08-25-2004 at 03:26 AM

indeed, invasion of privacy :P

RE: See who rated you by WDZ on 08-25-2004 at 03:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
Who rated you what is stored in the database.
For the reputation system, but not the rating. :-/

The reputation system (which would replace the current rating) will probably show who voted for you, but it seems that lots of people don't want a reputation system, so I've lost motivation to keep working on it. :p
RE: See who rated you by Vantage on 08-25-2004 at 03:57 AM

its just another silly way to create fights like now :)

RE: See who rated you by Millenium_edition on 08-25-2004 at 09:49 AM

indeed, some people might find it funny to rate against people who rated them badly...

actually, the rating system isn't really useful tough =/

RE: See who rated you by Moo on 08-27-2004 at 08:13 PM

he's got a very good point! I don't iv'e been rated yet!

RE: See who rated you by wacky on 08-27-2004 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
The reputation system (which would replace the current rating) will probably show who voted for you, but it seems that lots of people don't want a reputation system, so I've lost motivation to keep working on it.
you could just continue working on it and give it a try.. if people dont like it, couldnt you go back to how it is now?

about being able to see who voted what for you, why would it matter? if you want to vote someone 1 star without them being able to see, and now they can, that would annoy you, no? I dont care who votes what for me, I dont care who hates me either.. so you do the same. If someone doesnt like you, live with it.

RE: See who rated you by lopardo on 08-28-2004 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jellybean
you could just continue working on it and give it a try.. if people dont like it, couldnt you go back to how it is now?
And work for nothing? :)

I liked Guido's idea...
RE: See who rated you by Val on 08-31-2004 at 11:23 PM

guys think of it like a government vote do YOU give your name and y u voted no so y should they its confidential

RE: See who rated you by CookieRevised on 08-31-2004 at 11:35 PM

wdz, you stopped? :'(

I would find it usefull though, in that way people can see who is most trustable (in giving advice) and such.....

oh well... pitty...

RE: See who rated you by Chrono on 08-31-2004 at 11:40 PM

wdz u better keep working on it :dodgy:

RE: See who rated you by WDZ on 09-01-2004 at 01:39 AM

Blah, I worked on it some more the other day and it's almost done. I think reputation.php is complete, but I still need to make some changes to the DB, and also edit member.php to remove the old "rate" feature and replace it with some reputation stats. Maybe a few other things too...

RE: See who rated you by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 01:43 AM

What if someone rates you down just to piss you off, can we have a option to reset it??

RE: See who rated you by WDZ on 09-01-2004 at 01:46 AM

Each member will only be able to rate you once... one point.

If you were able to reset your own negative reputation, that would completely defeat the purpose.

RE: See who rated you by bach_m on 09-01-2004 at 01:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
What if someone rates you down just to piss you off, can we have a option to reset it??

no... why would you. its only elites and up ( i assume), so get over the big conspiracy theory, and realize that sometimes not everyone will like you.
RE: See who rated you by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 01:50 AM

Does it look like I care if someone don't like me? No......Tbh, I just said that cause I know some people will do it just to piss me off. And I mean reset your rating like ever few weeks, not everyday when someone negativly rates you...:undecided:

RE: See who rated you by bach_m on 09-01-2004 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Does it look like I care if someone don't like me? No......Tbh, I just said that cause I know some people will do it just to piss me off. And I mean reset your rating like ever few weeks, not everyday when someone negativly rates you...:undecided:

again... enough with the conspiracy theory. not everyone cares about pissing you off. people have better things to care about.
RE: See who rated you by marissa on 09-01-2004 at 05:17 AM

if it'll piss you off to see that your ratings are negative, dont look. easy as that...

RE: See who rated you by Chrono on 09-01-2004 at 05:50 AM

quote:
No......Tbh, I just said that cause I know some people will do it just to piss me off.
only elites and staff (aint elites part of the staff? :P even though they do nothing :refuck:) will be able to rate, so stop worying about it :). we are serious enough to rate according ur actions
RE: See who rated you by WDZ on 09-01-2004 at 06:54 AM

Actually, I was planning to allow regular members to vote too, but there will be limits, probably based on post count, to avoid temporary accounts being used just to rate someone. :p

I think the system will be more fair and accurate if it's not limited to staff/elites. Also, there are less possible voting opportunities when you vote for users instead of posts, so there should be more voters. :p

Wait, does that make sense? :S I dunno... too tired to think about it. :p

RE: See who rated you by TGG on 09-01-2004 at 07:58 AM

Are the elites and staff going to rate everybody, or just the one's they're going to rate highest?

RE: See who rated you by Chrono on 09-01-2004 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
but there will be limits, probably based on post count, to avoid temporary accounts being used just to rate someone.
wonderful idea :P
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I think the system will be more fair and accurate if it's not limited to staff/elites.
true :undecided:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Wait, does that make sense?
yip (Y)
RE: See who rated you by bach_m on 09-01-2004 at 01:33 PM

sounds good, DZ