Shoutbox

MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) (/showthread.php?tid=30444)

MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 08-25-2004 at 06:31 PM

I have made a plugin based on an idea and some source code by Ivan.

It's an plugin that let's a LED plugged to the COM Port blink when a conversation - window is opened (eg when somebody writes you).

Now you probably think 'Why this?!?'.
The anser is simple - if you are running a fullscreen game or application where you can't see the toast window or hear the sound you still see the LED blinking.

Comments are welcome.

Main functions:
- Compatible with MSN (german & english version) and ICQ Lite
- LED plugged to Com Port is flashing for about 10 seconds if a conversation window is opened
- Num Lock flashes too, so you don't have to make that led cable for the Com Port if you don't want to
  (also useful for people who don't have a com port...many notebook users don't have one...)
- The name of the person messaging you is spoken using Text To Speech (SAPI 5.1)
- all settings are automatically saved and loaded at startup
- realtime visual effects :o(Y)
- Text To Speech can be deactivated individually

Link: SmashD MSN LED Plugin v0.2.5

RE: NEW Plugin - At this time only for German MSN Users...Sorry by RebelSean on 08-25-2004 at 09:50 PM

Okay, let me get this straight. This is like a open convo notifier? If so then I hope it works good..:)

Can't wait till you release a English version of it..I need a  good one besides spng(a)

RE: NEW Plugin - At this time only for German MSN Users...Sorry by CookieRevised on 08-25-2004 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
This is like a open convo notifier?
No, it doesn't notify when your contact opens a window, it notifies you when the contact writes something to you and thus a window is opened....

old threads of which this plugin is based:
make a led blink everytime you get a msg
Msn Flash - Make a led blink every time you get a msn :p

EDIT: jmccarroll, yeps :D (well... sometimes :p)
RE: NEW Plugin - At this time only for German MSN Users...Sorry by jmccarroll on 08-25-2004 at 09:59 PM

Something like this was discussed before.  From what I read, and how I understood it, its not an open convo thing, what it does is when you would normally have something flashing in the taskbar it will flash the LED too so that you will be able to see it if you are running a full screen program.

**Cookie you are always fast on the trigger aren't you**

RE: RE: NEW Plugin - At this time only for German MSN Users...Sorry by SmashD on 08-25-2004 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
Something like this was discussed before.  From what I read, and how I understood it, its not an open convo thing, what it does is when you would normally have something flashing in the taskbar it will flash the LED too so that you will be able to see it if you are running a full screen program.

**Cookie you are always fast on the trigger aren't you**

That s exactly what it does... :D
My English is not very well, so thanks for your explanation.
BTW, next version is released... visit website for bugfix infos.

Oh forgot, many people can't speak german so here goes a small description:

Fixed: led will stay off instead on when not flashing
          the picture with the pins had an error
          NUM-Lock will flash either (eg for notebook users that do not have a com port)
          NUM-Lock will flash at the same speed the LED does
          you can set the frequency the led/num lock flashes
          led will flash for about 10 seconds then stop (was really annoying seeing the flashing led all the time the conversation window was open) ;)
          English Version support (as requested)

If you have some good ideas that I should add feel free to suggest some! :)

RE: NEW Plugin - At this time only for German MSN Users...Sorry by ivan300 on 08-25-2004 at 10:54 PM

I like your ideas SmashD
My led is on top of my monitor so it doesnt bother me while its flashing.

I was thinking of making the led blink at different speeds according to how many people messaged you. So if you have one message waitng the led will blink slowly. If you have 2 messages waiting it will blink faster and so on.

keep up the good work :)

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-25-2004 at 11:00 PM

Thanks Ivan... The original idea is related to you, maybe you wanna help me making this plugin better?

How to determine how many windows are open?
Especially if someone (like me ;) ) has an 'tabbed conversation' plugin running?

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by ivan300 on 08-25-2004 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmashD
Thanks Ivan... The original idea is related to you, maybe you wanna help me making this plugin better?

How to determine how many windows are open?
Especially if someone (like me ;) ) has an 'tabbed conversation' plugin running?

I havent actually figured out how to do it yet
RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by da_unruled on 08-26-2004 at 10:04 AM

Id have to buy a LED thingy for the com port...or make myown :( ERR

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by Ezra on 08-26-2004 at 10:50 AM

Why can't you let Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock blink?

You can make combinations and that kind of thing and everybody had these LED's ;)

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by CookieRevised on 08-26-2004 at 11:05 AM

My suggestion would be: instead of numlock and/or capslock flashing, use scrolllock only, as this will almost never interfair with the user's typing; it is the safest one to use....

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by da_unruled on 08-26-2004 at 12:49 PM

mm..O well Im thinking of just making my own led set. That will kickass

RE: RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-26-2004 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Why can't you let Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock blink?
You can make combinations and that kind of thing and everybody had these LED's

Actually Num Lock blinks...Why that key? See quotation below please.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
My suggestion would be: instead of numlock and/or capslock flashing, use scrolllock only, as this will almost never interfair with the user's typing; it is the safest one to use....

it is the safest one to use but how many times you type numbers at the Num bLock within the first 10 seconds?
RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-26-2004 at 10:32 PM

Hey there!

I have updated my web page - Version 0.1.5 is now available.
Changes:

Fixed a bug that causes the led to flash only one time...
Implemented ICQ Lite! Support (don't slap me for that... :-) )

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by rompom7 on 08-27-2004 at 07:48 AM

It would be awesome if this could be made for a USB LED lamp! I know people that have bought USB lamps and I have made one myelf, so I know people that would use it.

RE: RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-27-2004 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
It would be awesome if this could be made for a USB LED lamp! I know people that have bought USB lamps and I have made one myelf, so I know people that would use it.

But this USB led doesn't get the power from a normally for data used line. So I have to find a way to switch the USB power Off and On for a specific port and this accurate and fast so you dont have flicker.
Maybe a few hardware modifications (to the usb led) would be necessary, so the usb led gets the power also from a data line, but this time at the usb port.

I will have a look at this. I have build a ventilator for USB for the hot summer times... :D so i can check it very fast if the functions work properly. Maybe i build a usb led too.

BTW, if you use low power LEDs (red, green or yellow - the blue ones must have 10x energy) you could have around 250 LEDs connected to the USB port... (normal power USB: 500mA, red low-power LED: 2mA, blue one: 20mA(!!))
So THEN you really wont miss a conversation if you put 250 LEDs round your monitor. :D:D:D
RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by crank on 08-27-2004 at 11:29 AM

250 LEDs wow that would be cool! like it's x-mas everytime a convo is opened. :lol:

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by Huuf on 08-27-2004 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Maybe a few hardware modifications (to the usb led) would be necessary, so the usb led gets the power also from a data line, but this time at the usb port.

maybe a relais would do the trick with it you could use the data power from the usb to switch the relais to close the circuit
RE: RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-27-2004 at 11:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
maybe a relais would do the trick with it you could use the data power from the usb to switch the relais to close the circuit

It's not that difficult I thought... Mainly the same basis as at the Com Port:

code:

4 GND           0 V             Black
3 D+            Data +          Green
2 D-            Data -          White
1 Vbus          +5 V            Red

So either I find a way to interactively switch the state of the Vbus (1, red Cable) or
you have to modificate your lamp... (Connect the cable that's at 1/red now to 3/Green)

BUT, I didn't find a way how to control either the data or the power line but this is
interesting so I try to include this...

LOL, 3 days of developing... and the name is yet outdated

MSN LED Com Port Plugin

-it is compatible with MSN, yes, but also with ICQ Lite now
-Com Port, yes it works with that, but if I can take the USB idea to real life that's outdated to
-Plugin? naaah, it's more an addin...

So whats remaining?!? -->LED<-- :D

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by Huuf on 08-27-2004 at 02:28 PM

Did some research on usb and it seems you just can't open and close it like a com port it seems that there is a extra chip needed for doing so

you could do
[com port]                   [usb port]
       |                                 |
       |                                 |
put here the relais  --------
and switch the
+ from the usb cable
      |
      |
   Usb device

so you would need
1 USB cable A--> B (for PC --> the print)
1 USB female A-connecter (for on the print so the USB device can be putted in here)
1 USB female B-connector (for on the print so the PC can be connected)
1 Print (just in a 1 by 1 frame arround 6x6 maybe 10x10)
1 RS232 cable
1 Relais

this all together should switch any usb device :p

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-27-2004 at 02:58 PM

Very nice description / solution! (Y)

And one biiig opportunity: no software changes, because you can use the actual used ones (Pin 3 & 4).

USB: thanks for reasearch... I've found some info too.
The idea of USB is easy installation and hot-plug of devices. Therefore there are no ports but the devices have an ID. So the driver does all the redirectment (using COM or LTP you had to define the port number).

BUT the USB Lamp has no ID.
So I must have functions to control the USB Hub and Sub-Hubs to find out where the lamp is plugged.
And that is nearly impossible for me.

Conclusion:
There are 2 easy ways to make an USB LED flashing:

1. way Do that relais thingy. It's easy to make and you do not have to change wires at the USB LED.
  2. way Use an USB2COM Adapter. But that's a little bit expensive for sch an project... ~20€
    [/list]

And the winner is......... RELAIS :)

Just a few additions... You do not need a fully configurated RS232 Cable...
    If you have on unused - good, use this. But don't buy one if you don't have one.
    Just connect pin 3 & 4 from the serial port with the Relais input (Relais should have power range from 1 to approx 15V, because the power raises if alot Amperes used...read so, don't know if it's true for all of you, because the power and available Amps are depending on the mainboard you have).
    Everything should work just fine then. (Relais has to be fast enough of course).

Very nice idea huuf. I had the same but tried to make it by software... But that's rather impossible.

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by Huuf on 08-27-2004 at 03:15 PM

I did electronics, and I know what to look for, i'm think i'm getting all components on monday (or maybe tomorrow) and i'll see what I can do, i'll make photo's and i'll work it out and post my outcome here.

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification German AND English Messenger (updated) by SmashD on 08-27-2004 at 03:26 PM

I didn't exspect that someone would take this idea and actually make it. Very nice!!! Can't await the sum of all this!

New function added:

If someone messages you, the name of that person is spoken. (Text To Speech SAPI 5.1) :D

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by rompom7 on 08-29-2004 at 09:08 AM

Well, thank you for discussing my idea. So are there no ideas other than using that COM port idea along side USB?

What about if I mod my USB lamp so positive or negative is on one of the Data lines?

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by SmashD on 08-29-2004 at 11:19 AM

I don't know how to control the hub and sub-hubs to identify the USB-Port where the lamp is plugged in.
I've searched about 3 hours to find a solution but didn't find any.
If anyone has an explanation or even source code to make USB support please message me...

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by SmashD on 08-29-2004 at 12:24 PM

It should work -with a few additions- with you relais. If you can control 8 lines you even could make a 'walking light'... like knight rider or something...

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by red3vil on 08-29-2004 at 01:17 PM

ain't it possible to actually show the name of the one that contacts you?? or would that make it to complicated?

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by SmashD on 08-29-2004 at 01:23 PM

If someone xould give me the link or source how to implement an overlay function like the one that is used in fraps for example - it would be possible...

BTW, i am trying this right now, but with source code it would be alot easier for sure.

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by SmashD on 08-29-2004 at 02:21 PM

I found some source and starting to implement this right now... Hope it works... =)

EDIT:

I feel very sorry...but I have to say that I don't have a solution to the DirectX Overlay thingy... so no name can be displayed.
If anyone knows a solution please leave a message!

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by Jolo on 08-30-2004 at 12:04 PM

Excelent idea and work!

But, in my "gaming" partition, I don't have Messenger Plus! installed. Anyway, congratulations. :)

Greetings,

RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by SmashD on 08-30-2004 at 03:15 PM

You don't need Messenger Plus! for this to run... It is a stand-alone program... =)

New Version 0.2.5 released:

- removed some bugs
- realtime visual effects added :o(Y)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 08-31-2004 at 05:34 PM

Sorry for double-posting but i cannot edit my previous post for some reason...
Just wanted to say that the download link is fixed.

RE: RE: NEW Plugin - LED notification --> Now with Text To Speech (updated) by secondcai on 09-01-2004 at 08:26 AM

:S:S:S:S
I can't open the web site!

quote:
You don't need Messenger Plus! for this to run... It is a stand-alone program... =)

New Version 0.2.5 released:

- removed some bugs
- realtime visual effects added :o(Y)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 09-01-2004 at 09:38 AM

The website is running fine. Please try again.
(it is hosted at tripod so it can be offline sometimes for some reason...)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by secondcai on 09-01-2004 at 10:59 AM

:(
I still can't open the site.
Maybe because I'm in China.
Can you paste the installation file here? Or give me some mirror site please.

Thanks a lot!

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SilverSurfeR on 09-01-2004 at 11:40 AM

[Image: error.jpg]

I cant install this progam

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 09-01-2004 at 03:16 PM

quote:
I cant install this progam

I have seen this error one time. That was because the MS Visual Basic Runtime files were not up to date.
Please download this distribution:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...9d5&displaylang=en

in your language and try again.
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by benjyrama on 09-01-2004 at 03:17 PM

hmmmmmmmm... odd idea

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by secondcai on 09-03-2004 at 06:48 AM

I got it!
Thank SmashD!
It work excellent!

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 09-06-2004 at 11:15 AM

Thanks secondcai!
Very bad that you cannot reach the website from China.

BTW, could someone please rate this thread/plugin?
Just for me and the users so everybody knows what you think about it.

Furhtermore it would be very useful if someone posts his opinion, some suggestions, or just things he/she doesn't like...

If you have functionality improvement suggestions just say it - I will try to implement them.

Thanks

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by PaPalemon on 03-27-2006 at 06:17 PM

errm sorry to bring such a old topic up... just wondering if anyone has a copy of this plugin... would want to try this... the other two topic on this doesn't work well... heh sorry again for bring this old topic up

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 03-28-2006 at 08:25 PM

Hi PaPalemon!

This plugin will be hosted again on my website www.smashd.de
But there are a few problems I have to take care of these days. Visit www.smashd.de if you want to know the details and/or maybe want to help.

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 03-28-2006 at 08:43 PM

Ya I could realy use this as well!

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by DJKAL on 03-28-2006 at 08:55 PM

i would like it,
but - i dont have any LED's on my keyboard( wirless one) only one for battery power in the keyboard its self.

how much would it cost (and how would i do it) to make an LED set for my PC so that i could use it?

PS: does it work for WLM?

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Lou on 03-28-2006 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Hi PaPalemon!

This plugin will be hosted again on my website www.smashd.de
But there are a few problems I have to take care of these days. Visit www.smashd.de if you want to know the details and/or maybe want to help.
I can set you up with a website hosting for free. I'll just need you to modify the dns server and transfer over the stuff. Free, always. It'll be a personal favour for a fellow developer. Pm me if you're interested.
RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 03-28-2006 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
i would like it,
but - i dont have any LED's on my keyboard( wirless one) only one for battery power in the keyboard its self.

how much would it cost (and how would i do it) to make an LED set for my PC so that i could use it?

There is a wiring diagram on the site of what pins to use. I'm sure you could go to your local electronics shop and get a COM cable.

quote:
PS: does it work for WLM?

Once I get the program I could build it and test it befor you go out and spend the money.
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by DJKAL on 03-29-2006 at 07:08 AM

thanks SNAKE :)
i'll look onto the website soon :)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by user27089 on 03-29-2006 at 07:09 AM

quote:

YOu probably do have them on your keyboard...

Num Lock, Caps Lock & Scroll Lock lights, that's what this plugin worked for.
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by DJKAL on 03-29-2006 at 07:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

no i dont :sad:
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Nathan on 03-29-2006 at 07:13 AM

dont either but if you clickCAPS lock it shows up in the taskbar ;)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by DJKAL on 03-29-2006 at 07:14 AM

nope - no caps lock :(
i only have a low battery LED.

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by ddunk on 03-29-2006 at 07:19 AM

quote:
quote:

Actually, not this one. There's another plugin that notifies you using your Num/Scroll/Caps Lock lights but this one uses an external LED that you have to create yourself using a COM cable.
RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 03-29-2006 at 07:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
quote:
quote:

Actually, not this one. There's another plugin that notifies you using your Num/Scroll/Caps Lock lights but this one uses an external LED that you have to create yourself using a COM cable.

Actually, YES, this one TOO! ;) You can use the Num Lock, Caps Lock & Scroll Lock lights as well as the COM Port LED, even Text-To-Speech for the name who's writing you is possible.

Well, I am wondering about the request... so... I'll redesign some parts of the program for your needs. Maybe I'll need your help.

First thing I have to know:
What's the window caption when talking to somebody?
If you could provide me with that info in english and/or german (windows caption of course...not answering hehe) it would be cool.

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
I can set you up with a website hosting for free. I'll just need you to modify the dns server and transfer over the stuff. Free, always. It'll be a personal favour for a fellow developer. Pm me if you're interested.

Wow, thanks alot man. But the thing is, that I've "bought" (for one year each time) the domain in a bundled up package including 7Gigs webspace/150Gigs traffic per month/10db's/...
So I am unable to change the DNS server name server adresses. :(
RE: RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by CookieRevised on 03-29-2006 at 08:55 AM

quote:
First thing I have to know:
What's the window caption when talking to somebody?
If you could provide me with that info in english and/or german (windows caption of course...not answering hehe) it would be cool.
Don't base your plugin/addon on constantly polling for windows based upon their caption. Not only is this far too limited if you wanna add something in the future, captions also can change, mimiced, etc. And not to forget constant polling the whole system for an openend window with a certain cpation is process intensive.

Instead, write a true addon for msn messenger (or messenger Plus!) and use the proper events of the Messenger object which are triggered when a conversation is openend.

;)
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 03-29-2006 at 09:14 AM

I know polling windows captions is not the smooth way...but hey, that program is about 2.5 years old. And it worked.
Checked the process - it's at 0% most of the time. I don't check the caption every millisecond btw. THAT would be really odd.

If you could provide me with the needed info how to actually capture that window open event, I'll do a special version as a real plugin maybe. ;)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 04-01-2006 at 11:15 AM

ANy way to get my hands on this program would be greatly aprecated.

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 04-01-2006 at 11:59 AM

Please be patient just a few days. Hopefully I then have the needed money to set my website back online. ;)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by ivan300 on 04-06-2006 at 03:36 AM

I cant wait to see the new version.
I have made mine into a plugin a while ago it still works the same way but there is not need to run a extra program. Recently i added text2speech however i want it only to be active while my status is away. I havent figured out how to do this.

How does yout text2speech work exactly?

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 04-06-2006 at 06:09 AM

As you may know I have to let my webhost set up some server settings so my CMS runs well.
Due to needed security and other changes to the servers my webhost is not able to change settings for any of his customers, so I'll have to wait another ~5 days.
Hopefully this sentence was understandable ;)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by super-schaf on 04-07-2006 at 11:04 AM

it would be cool if someone could make a plugin that would just flash a caps lock button on a keyboard. i have no idea how to.

so thnx in advance.

super-schaf

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by J-Thread on 04-07-2006 at 12:21 PM

How about this?

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by tobisan on 04-15-2006 at 02:05 PM

Hi!

I have tried to install the program, but setup says, that some of my system flies aren't up to date. Setup offers me to update the files, then I have to reboot. But after reboot, the same messenge appears again. Could you please help me, because I often receive messenges while gaming and don't notice.

This is the message, that appears (in german)

RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 04-15-2006 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tobisan
Hi!

I have tried to install the program, but setup says, that some of my system flies aren't up to date. Setup offers me to update the files, then I have to reboot. But after reboot, the same messenge appears again. Could you please help me, because I often receive messenges while gaming and don't notice.

This is the message, that appears (in german)

I'll compile a new setup for new and will update it on the site, just be patient some minutes. Gonna do it now. ;)
I've built a new setup for MSN LED so please redownload here.

Using InnoSetup makes a smaller setup file and does not bother you with a restart while installing. ;)
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by tobisan on 04-15-2006 at 05:54 PM

thanks a lot for the fast answer and the new setup! now it works.:D
(Y)

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Curtis on 04-15-2006 at 06:31 PM

Are we able to set it up so it blinks when we aren't in the game?  Or so the lights like, scroll.  Kind of like the Windows XP loading bar.

RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 04-15-2006 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
Are we able to set it up so it blinks when we aren't in the game?  Or so the lights like, scroll.  Kind of like the Windows XP loading bar.

It always blinks, does not matter if you are in a game or not.
The only configurable settings are:

Global On/Off
Text To Speech On/Off

I do not plan any new version and/or enhancements but who knows. ;p
RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 04-16-2006 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis

On my keyboard the Num Lock LED flashes witch is beter then caps lock.

Thanks agen SmashD for the great program :D
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by tobisan on 04-17-2006 at 05:33 PM

I have just realized that this plugin also works with skype! so it is EVEN GREATER than I thounght before! :D

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 04-17-2006 at 08:36 PM

If anymore is having problems with making the LED cable I have made a tutorial here.

RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by SmashD on 04-18-2006 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Snake
If anymore is having problems with making the LED cable I have made a tutorial here.

Thanks alot for that tutorial - nice work. I've linked to it out of the article and the download.

Btw, please change your link to my program to this one:
http://www.smashd.de/index.php?option=com_remosit...unc=fileinfo&id=22

Anti-Leech ;)

Oh and could you please change my name to SmashD? Thanks. hehe
RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 04-19-2006 at 01:11 AM

All errors fixed. ;) Sory about that.

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Original! on 04-19-2006 at 01:15 AM

i have some kind of trouble here, i already installed it without any problems (i downloaded it from the link posted just the page before this one), but when i get to execute it the screen attached appears....

i have no clue of what it says, anyway i did find that file on google n stuff...and i put it on c:\windows\system32 (or at least thats what the web that had the file said thats where it was supposed to be)...

but...same error appears...

i really, really, REALLY, need this plugin....in fact...i came to the forum searching 4 plugins like this =D...

some help would be really nice

Bye

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 04-19-2006 at 01:26 AM

Download the file from here and put it into C:\WINDOWS\system\ may have to restart the computer. I had do this for it to work.

RE: RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Original! on 04-19-2006 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Snake
Download the file from here and put it into C:\WINDOWS\system\ may have to restart the computer. I had do this for it to work.

hey thx, but now i have a question...

is it normal that the num lock led lights on just a few times ? (about 2), starting off....

i already understand that the frecuency of the light can be changed...but i would like to know if the duration of the blinking can be changed too...

i already tried with a  friend, the light only goes on like 2 times...and then it stays off for a while...and then when its lit again, it starts with the bliknking thing....but only a couple of times in periods of 3 to 4 secs....

is it normal?

RE: MSN LED notification --> New version 0.2.5 (31.Aug) by Snake on 04-19-2006 at 01:53 AM

Hmmm.... I don't exactly no myn does the same once adn a wile but we will have to wait for the creator to fix that one in the code.