Shoutbox

Problem signing into gmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Problem signing into gmail (/showthread.php?tid=30501)

Problem signing into gmail by Pr0xY on 08-26-2004 at 04:45 PM

Hey, I know there are already alot of thread about gmail, but I need this problem solved. 

When I sign in to my gmail account, this page comes up, saying:
"Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on."  But I do have it turned on.  Is it just my browser, I use Internet Explorer 6.0.2800. 

Heres a screen shot:
[Image: 27-cookie%20function.jpg]

RE: Problem signing into gmail by wacky on 08-27-2004 at 02:18 AM

have you tried going to your Internet Options, then clicking on the tab Privacy, and sliding the bar down? I'm not sure but maybe thats it? Someone else might be able to help you better later

RE: Problem signing into gmail by bach_m on 08-27-2004 at 02:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jellybean
have you tried going to your Internet Options, then clicking on the tab Privacy, and sliding the bar down? I'm not sure but maybe thats it? Someone else might be able to help you better later
yup. make sure it isn't set TOO high, as some sites might not function properly. Medium High is a good option.

You might considder clicking the advanced button, and set the first column to Always, the second to never, and always allow session cookies.
RE: Problem signing into gmail by Kryptonate on 08-27-2004 at 08:11 AM

clearing cache and cookies solves problems in IE too often :-/.

RE: Problem signing into gmail by Pr0xY on 08-27-2004 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jellybean
It is set on Medium.  I tried changing it to see if that would effect it, but it didn't. 

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
clearing cache
How do I do that?  I know how to clear the cookies but the cache?
:undecided: hmm...

RE: Problem signing into gmail by Kryptonate on 08-27-2004 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy
I know how to clear the cookies but the cache?
IE --> Tools --> Internet-options --> Delete files.

quote:
Originally posted by Gmail Help Center

Regardless of the browser used, you must have JavaScript and cookies enabled to use Gmail. If you've done so, but you still get an error message, the follow steps should correct this problem and allow you to log into Gmail.

If you are using Internet Explorer, it may be necessary to update your 'Trusted sites' list. Here's how:

1. Open Internet Explorer, and click 'Tools' along the top of your browser window.
   2. Select 'Internet Options...,' and click the 'Security' tab at the top of the dialog box.
   3. Click 'Trusted sites,' and then click 'Sites...'
   4. Enter 'https://www.google.com' in the 'Add this Web site to the zone:' field, and click 'Add.' Then enter 'https://gmail.google.com,' and click 'Add.'
   5. Click 'OK' to save your changes.

Next, please clear your browser's cache. To clear your cache in IE, please follow these steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer, and click 'Tools' along the top of your browser window.
   2. Select 'Internet Options,' and click the 'General' tab at the top of the dialog box.
   3. Click 'Delete Files...' under 'Temporary Internet files.'
   4. Check the box next to 'Delete all offline content,' and click 'OK.'

Now close all open browser windows, restart Internet Explorer, and log in to Gmail.

If you still can't sign in, try logging in securely by changing the URL to https://gmail.google.com.

RE: Problem signing into gmail by Pr0xY on 08-29-2004 at 08:37 PM

Kryptonate, thanks for posting that information, it was helpful, but sadly for me, it did not work.  :(  maybe I'm just not ment to have gmail....

*pr0xy goes to cry in his pillow

RE: Problem signing into gmail by Odin.EXE on 09-12-2004 at 11:30 AM

Download FireFox and it will works. This is jsut some unexplainable IE problem

RE: Problem signing into gmail by Pr0xY on 09-12-2004 at 03:19 PM

Odin.EXE, thank you for your input.  I did solve the problem some time ago, I just got a new computer :P

OFFTOPIC 
try not to post in old thread, mods/admins dont like it.