Shoutbox

Msn sends SMS? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn sends SMS? (/showthread.php?tid=30505)

Msn sends SMS? by Jonh_McClane on 08-26-2004 at 05:08 PM

Hi, i'm brazilian and don't speak english very well... i have heard about msn can send sms message to cellphone of the contacts of contact list... it's true? if yes how i do this? i want send messages from msn too =P thank you

RE: Msn sends SMS? by Choli on 08-26-2004 at 08:15 PM

People who want to receive sms messages in their phone have to register and not all of the companies of cell phones have this option available (for example, here in spain, we can't do that). To register, you have to do this: in the main messenger window, click the menu Tools > Options. Select the phone tab and click the configuration button. A web page with the instructions will be opened.

RE: Msn sends SMS? by Matthew_wehttaM on 08-27-2004 at 12:27 AM

do you have to have an internet browser on ur phone to, get 2 way sms?

RE: Msn sends SMS? by toddy on 08-27-2004 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_wehttaM
do you have to have an internet browser on ur phone to, get 2 way sms?

not u don't, there just send as txts
RE: Msn sends SMS? by Matthew_wehttaM on 08-27-2004 at 01:22 PM

oh, so i can send messages to people on msn, from my phone...cool....now i just have to figure out how...

RE: Msn sends SMS? by BEWARE^^ on 08-27-2004 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_wehttaM
oh, so i can send messages to people on msn, from my phone...cool....now i just have to figure out how...
no you can send messages from msn to a nother cellfone not the other way :S
RE: Msn sends SMS? by MC Inferno on 08-27-2004 at 05:47 PM

Send Text Messages from MSN to phone : Yes

Send Text Messages from the phone to MSN : No

(Y)

RE: Msn sends SMS? by BEWARE^^ on 08-27-2004 at 06:56 PM

thats what i ment inferno but he/she said this---->>>>.oh, so i can send messages to people on msn, from my phone...cool....now i just have to figure out how... but i think he/she ment to say this-------->>>>>>>.oh, so i can send messages to people on msn, to his phone...cool....

RE: RE: Msn sends SMS? by ZrednaZ on 08-28-2004 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Send Text Messages from the phone to MSN : No

Why sure you can (via MSN Mobile), it's just a very slow and inconvenient way of communicating, and rather expensive. Get a smartphone or something... (like Nokia 6600) and install a program like Agile Messenger - it'll let you chat with your Messenger contacts almost as if you were in front of your computer.

A good lengthed chat (30-45 mins) via the phone requires approx. 120 kb of GPRS data. Price of 1000 kb of data: $1.20. So it's not that bad. Much cheaper that SMS. :p
RE: Msn sends SMS? by Animefan on 08-28-2004 at 11:11 AM

get a SPV, a.k.a. Smartphone!

it has a REAL MSN Messenger!

And not some fake crap that nokia uses :)

RE: Msn sends SMS? by BEWARE^^ on 08-28-2004 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan

yea but if you can do it too with a nother cellfone why should buy a that one that you are bringing up :s
RE: RE: Msn sends SMS? by ZrednaZ on 08-28-2004 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan

AgileMessenger deserves more credit than that...:| It's a really nice program, I tell you! :D It lets you easily send pics that you've just snapped with the phone's built-in cam, and it lets you easily create vioce recordings and send them litterally by the push of a single button...
RE: Msn sends SMS? by BEWARE^^ on 08-29-2004 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
AgileMessenger deserves more credit than that...:| It's a really nice program, I tell you! :D It lets you easily send pics that you've just snapped with the phone's built-in cam, and it lets you easily create vioce recordings and send them litterally by the push of a single button...

that might be so. But why is he cracking nokia down and why would you buy a nother cellfone when you have one that works fine and that you can send msn messages ;)
RE: Msn sends SMS? by Vilkku on 08-29-2004 at 04:54 PM

Some ppl don't have smartphones... :dodgy: