Shoutbox

Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=30548)

Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! by irk_mage on 08-27-2004 at 04:25 PM

Hi, I run Window XP and it comes with a Window's Messenger. I downloaded Plus and now I have a very annoying problem. I made both programs remember my email so whenever I log in to my XP personal account, MSN starts auto. But then some reason, the Window's Messenger always beats my Plus for signing in. So I always got to double click on my Plus, and sign in manually. Any idea how to change this? Sometimes my Plus wins the "race" but mostly it's Window's Messenger

Any help would be great.

RE: Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! by RaceProUK on 08-27-2004 at 10:17 PM

Search the forum for 'Messenger Disable', and look for posts by CookieRevised.

RE: Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! by lopardo on 08-28-2004 at 01:47 AM

Here it is. :)

RE: Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! by potato on 09-01-2004 at 03:53 AM

I have another kind of problem.  Messenger Plus! features aren't totally available in Windows Messenger, like the possibility of showing th info about a contact (like when did he/she got connected/disconnected or changed his/her name/status, etc.)
I 'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else and or if anyone could solve this.
Thanks

RE: Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! by Patchou on 09-01-2004 at 04:24 AM

Important note: if you're currently using Windows XP SP2, Plus! 3.01 won't be able to work properly with your version of Windows Messenger, This has been fixed in version 3.10, due soon.

RE: Problem with Window's Messenger and Plus! by matty on 09-01-2004 at 04:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by potato
I have another kind of problem.  Messenger Plus! features aren't totally available in Windows Messenger, like the possibility of showing th info about a contact (like when did he/she got connected/disconnected or changed his/her name/status, etc.)
I 'd like to know if this has happened to anyone else and or if anyone could solve this.
Thanks
Some features wont work because of the way Plus! hooks the processes. Now for certain features in Windows Messenger to work Windows Messenger needs to be started before MSN Messenger to allow Plus! to hook properly.

Cheers.