Shoutbox

how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. (/showthread.php?tid=30549)

how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by .Roy on 08-27-2004 at 04:50 PM

how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. every time i use it it says that!! its bugging me please help

RE: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by kingboy on 08-27-2004 at 05:16 PM

the plugin maker decided to put that there. i use the plugin, i dont mind the lil pop up. if it bothers you that much, change your status to busy before you use it.

RE: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by Yousef on 08-27-2004 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DangerXone
its bugging me
its bugging me?
why do you want to get rid of it? you don't get it when your status is set to busy anyway...
RE: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by Anubis on 08-27-2004 at 05:29 PM

Sorry DangerXone, you have a few choices, use the plugin and have the advert, don't use the plugin or always have your status set to busy. You may be able to reshack emotitext, but since I've never used it, I don't know if that's possible...and it's probably illegal so that's all I'll say of it...

quote:
Originally posted by noelie
you don't get it when your status is set to busy anyway...
You don't always want your status to be at busy do you? Some (very few) people actually are nice enough not to initiate a conversation with you when your status is at busy...not a practical idea
RE: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by jmccarroll on 08-27-2004 at 05:32 PM

isnt there a talker in SPNG that does the same thing as emotitext?  I'm not quite sure but if there is, use it instead...that will save you the message.

RE: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by .Roy on 08-27-2004 at 05:55 PM

thanks for your help...

RE: RE: how do u get rid of that alert that says thanks for using emotitext. by Yousef on 08-27-2004 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Originally posted by noelie
you don't get it when your status is set to busy anyway...
You don't always want your status to be at busy do you? Some (very few) people actually are nice enough not to initiate a conversation with you when your status is at busy...not a practical idea

No of course not but what's irritating about a little toast when you aren't even busy? And I suppose he isn't using emotitext 24 hours a day... But use what you like :)