Shoutbox

New plugin suggestion ! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: New plugin suggestion ! (/showthread.php?tid=30659)

New plugin suggestion ! by tamagotchi on 08-29-2004 at 08:38 AM

Hi,

As many people, I use messenger at home and at work. Since I don't want to have a different MSN account for each (to not disturb my friends with twice the same buddy in their buddy list), I wondering having a "Location" function, which may store my nickname locally instead on MSN server (or change it automatically when I open messenger on one of my two pc's) e.g. John @home, and John @work, and the possibility to ignore or block some people depending on where I am (@work, only my colleagues and some special friends, or something like this).

The plugin could apply a local settings file at messenger load, with nickname, allowed/blocked buddies list, and maybe other settings.

I will even try to develop it, if I manage to understand everything, but maybe someone can do it better than me.

Thanks a lot ;) John

RE: New plugin suggestion ! by rompom7 on 08-29-2004 at 08:59 AM

Sounds like a good idea, also very possible

RE: New plugin suggestion ! by Anubis on 08-29-2004 at 09:09 AM

All the plugin would have to do would change your nickname to a variable that you can set...
It's probably a lot easier to make this a feature of Plus than a plugin, but yeah I can see it being possible (edit: as Ddunk said it could be changed in the registry, should have thought of that)...however I vaguely remember this being suggested before, I can't find the thread though

RE: New plugin suggestion ! by ddunk on 08-29-2004 at 09:25 AM

Actually, we don't even need a plugin to do this, it's already an option in the Plus! Registry Entry.

quote:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences

NameOnSignin

If not empty, Messenger Plus! will use this value to change your name to a default one every time you sign-in on a specific computer.

The best, and safest way to change this would be to download Plus! Tweak

Run the exe, select your email, and scroll down on the left side to "NameOnSignin" Here, you can select what name you would wish to have on signin :)