Shoutbox

NTSC burning on DVD [img file] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] (/showthread.php?tid=30675)

NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by lylesback2 on 08-29-2004 at 04:09 PM

i got a DVD burner, and usually when i make backups of DVD's they come out to .VOB files.  Well they always work on my DVD player but when i tried to do it with one movie, it says "can not play NTSC"

anyone know of an program to transfer .VOB files to .IMG files?  IMG files usually work better.

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by cooldude_i06 on 08-29-2004 at 05:49 PM

1. Comment removed - please read: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html

2. You can use DVD Shrink to back up your dvd to a .iso file and burn it with any software.

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by M73A on 08-29-2004 at 09:55 PM

hmm, wudnt u need some sort of decrypter seeing as most dvds are CSS encrypted?

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by Ezra on 08-29-2004 at 11:12 PM

Shrink decrypts it and compresses it for 4,7 Gb compability. It also gets macromedia security off it and it can change the region. I never had this "can not play NTSC" with my backed-up dvd's.

I use DvdShrink 3.0 Beta 5.

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by cooldude_i06 on 08-30-2004 at 07:07 AM

i dunno y my comment 1 was removed?

if u can just clear it up for me Johnny_Mac so i dont make the same mistake again. Thanks

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by Eljay on 08-30-2004 at 07:40 AM

probably sumthing to do with illegal copying of dvds

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by M73A on 08-30-2004 at 11:17 AM

i find it easier to use dvd decrypter www.dvddecrypter.com in .iso mode....it records into .vob files and an .iso file......then i use max DVD to Mpeg converter which takes the iso and uses the .vob to make .mpg ....u can normally fit at least 2 films on one dvd disc with this......

but regarding DVD shrink i dont no....and i have nevver heard of img files soo....sorry!

RE: RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by cooldude_i06 on 08-30-2004 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i find it easier to use dvd decrypter www.dvddecrypter.com in .iso mode....it records into .vob files and an .iso file......then i use max DVD to Mpeg converter which takes the iso and uses the .vob to make .mpg ....u can normally fit at least 2 films on one dvd disc with this......

that sounds complicated, i just use dvd shrink to copy the dvd to an iso file, and burn it nero
RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by sasquatch on 08-30-2004 at 11:43 PM

the "cannot play NTSC" seems like something to do with the format that you burned onto the DVD

NTSC and PAL are the two main types of DVD outputs there are, maybe your DVD player is PAL based... or sumtin

also, may73alliance, .iso is and image file, same with .vob, they are all "images" of the disk, they don't contain any real accesible data, but just tell a program how to burn a DVD/CD

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by Ezra on 08-30-2004 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch

also, may73alliance, .iso is and image file, same with .vob, they are all "images" of the disk, they don't contain any real accesible data, but just tell a program how to burn a DVD/CD

I don't think that's true about .vob. Even the original Dvd's are loaded with these .vob files, also with .IFO and .BUP.
RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by M73A on 08-31-2004 at 01:00 AM

.vob can b played usin cyberlink powerdvd....but they are just too big to keep ...like 4 gigs a film

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by Choli on 08-31-2004 at 02:02 PM

With CloneDVD you can do backups of your DVDs too. I've never used it, but you can try ;)

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 06:01 AM

yeah clonedvd 2 has a nice simple interface, but it requires u to get thru the protection using a diff program, and its a shareware, dvd shrink is free and has the protection disabler built in

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by ipab on 09-01-2004 at 06:04 AM

not the nu version, that gets through protection too

RE: NTSC burning on DVD [img file] by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 06:16 AM

no, i wouldnt think so, most programs are removing protection disabler, like clonedvd did for version 2, i dont think they would re add it