Shoutbox

Preferences Changes Not Being Saved - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Preferences Changes Not Being Saved (/showthread.php?tid=30692)

Preferences Changes Not Being Saved by kimber90210 on 08-30-2004 at 04:03 AM

When I first installed Messenger plus I did not have this problem, but now I do. Here is the problem... basically when I go into my PLUS! preferences and change something (i.e. hide ad banner, or encript chat logs) by click the boxes, etc... then I click apply/ok and the changes are not saved, and the banner is still there, etc. Please help! :)

RE: Preferences Changes Not Being Saved by kimber90210 on 08-30-2004 at 04:05 AM

I do realize the banner always shows now, but its anything I change from sounds, to encription, everything!

RE: Preferences Changes Not Being Saved by matty on 08-30-2004 at 04:07 AM

Do you have permission to right to the registry? What version of Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger and Windows are you using?

RE: Preferences Changes Not Being Saved by kimber90210 on 08-30-2004 at 04:10 AM

My version of plus is 3.01.94, and I am using windows ME. I am not sure what you mean by 'permission to right to the registry' though. The thing is I use to be able to save my changes in preferences, but for the past month or 2 I cannot.

RE: Preferences Changes Not Being Saved by lopardo on 08-30-2004 at 06:00 AM

Have you tried reinstalling? Export your current settings (Plus > Preferences > Save/load > Export), close Messenger and uninstall Plus from Control Panel > Add/remove programs (remove your preferences too). Restart and install Plus again.