Shoutbox

How Long - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: How Long (/showthread.php?tid=30708)

How Long by user27089 on 08-30-2004 at 01:34 PM

Well, i'm just interesting, how long have you people been using messenger plus! and for what reasons did you download the extension and who told you about it.

Well I downloaded messenger plus late september, I downloaded it because Stigmata told me it was good.

RE: How Long by Mnjul on 08-30-2004 at 01:38 PM

It was June 18 2002 when I downloaded Plus!, for I thought MSNHelper was lame in chat-logging at that time. I downloaded Plus! at first for chat logging, and then for away messages. And then I found Plus! great, and so I registered at the forums. The rest, as people always say, is the history :p

RE: How Long by Plik on 08-30-2004 at 01:55 PM

i downloaded in november, because some one i met on holiday had some random symbles in there screen name. And there said that you can see colors in screen names using plus, and me being naturaly curious downloaded it and played about with all the features and now i know more about it than my mates, and im (almost) resposable for introducing it to the comuity i live in :)

RE: How Long by RaceProUK on 08-30-2004 at 02:09 PM

I've been using it since about 1.42b. When 2.5 came out, and I started uni, I joined the forums (see left) and wrote some plugins over the next few months. Since then, I've kept right up to date, and even started on the IRC channel.

Come October, I'll be celebrating a year of forum membership :banana:

RE: How Long by Millenium_edition on 08-30-2004 at 02:56 PM

i've downloaded it because i saw it on mess.be, i had 1.42b but then i had problems with my old computers so i never downloaded it again, unless there was a new version, just to check it out and remove it afterwards. i don't see no point in keeping it as 80% of my msn uptime is on Gilly =/

RE: How Long by Johnny_Mac on 08-30-2004 at 02:58 PM

Uhhh... its been so long I cant remember. :lol:

RE: How Long by Vilkku on 08-30-2004 at 03:31 PM

Long time ago, pre-2. I think I came to the forum a few months later...

RE: How Long by matty on 08-30-2004 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
Uhhh... its been so long I cant remember. :lol:
Same with me, I just remember the numbers 1.42b :)
RE: How Long by Eljay on 08-30-2004 at 04:43 PM

my mate richard told me about it in may this year (he aint on this forum)
i downloaded it (i think it was v.2.54)
and ive used it ever since :p

RE: How Long by MC Inferno on 08-30-2004 at 04:52 PM

I've forgotton..... it was when 6.1 was leaked out as a BETA... got it the same day as i got 6.1, and I joined the forums in Jan, so there.

RE: How Long by Vazza on 08-30-2004 at 04:53 PM

I think I started using it before the optional sponsor was added (I joined here when it was added and just noticed I've been here over a year. Someone tell me why I never left :p). All I had originally wanted was a program to send away messages but I couldn't get any to work with me. After that, I downloaded Plus! and have never looked back since. I can't remember where I got it, just remember using Google or something. Since then, if theres a new version I download it and pass it onto friends. They don't come here. If they have any trouble with it, I'm their first port of call

RE: How Long by Twan on 08-30-2004 at 05:39 PM

The first mond of chatlogs was Februari 2003 so i guess it was than with version 2.xx   some friend told me to install it because it was great and so i did :)

RE: How Long by jren207 on 08-30-2004 at 06:04 PM

It was ages ago but someone on my list started a convo with me and said can you hear the sounds? and I said no and they said, o download messenger plus. At first I thought it was some weird program and I had never installed an add-on for Messenger before... The website also looked dodgy but i'm glad i downloaded it. It justs gets better and better... :D

RE: How Long by RaceProUK on 08-30-2004 at 07:59 PM

* RaceProUK remembers the days of www.patchou.com... and the :dodgy: MS FrontPage theme.

RE: How Long by MC Inferno on 08-30-2004 at 08:13 PM

Look how intresting www.patchou.com is :| jesus, my website is better....

Soz Patch :P lol

RE: How Long by RaceProUK on 08-30-2004 at 08:17 PM

Y'know, I'm sure Patchou had other projects than MsgPlus...
From when Plus! was first released, and you can see the other project. There's an IRC Log Viewer you can still actually download...

RE: How Long by MC Inferno on 08-30-2004 at 09:14 PM

Oh, i read some thing on it ages ago.. he's done shit loads more then plus.

RE: How Long by RebelSean on 08-30-2004 at 09:23 PM

I've been using it for about a year now. I downloaded it cause my friends were like dude do you have msg plus 2.0 i was like wtf is that they were like dude get it its awesome! http://msgplus.net and I got it..:p

RE: How Long by .Roy on 08-30-2004 at 09:43 PM

lol im one of those simple people.. type msn messenger addon and stuff like that in google AND CABLAM also or it could have been that ive seen ur button in hundreads of sites.. ya i think it was www.bigblueball.com or something well im a month old user and still loving it

RE: How Long by Patchou on 08-30-2004 at 09:52 PM

I've used it since version 1.00 first beta. One of my multiple personalities told me to check out something another persona did the day before. I found it cool so I continued to use it.

RE: How Long by .Roy on 08-30-2004 at 09:57 PM

wait im confused?? Patchou werent u the creator of this program?? or is this just a supposed to be a joke and im not getting it??

RE: How Long by Plik on 08-30-2004 at 10:03 PM

:lol: @ patchou
DangerXone its supposed to be a joke, i think
or maby patchou does have multiple personalitys :-|

RE: How Long by jren207 on 08-30-2004 at 10:28 PM

Creative Patchou: Maker
Curious Patchou: Tester

RE: How Long by WDZ on 08-31-2004 at 03:41 AM

Blah, I think I replied to a thread exactly like this before... :p

Anyway, I started using Plus around version 1.20a, so it was like 3 years ago. I found it myself while Googling for something, or maybe it was on a download site... I don't remember. :-/

RE: How Long by Fraisie on 08-31-2004 at 04:31 AM

Hmmm quite a while ago.. :)

RE: How Long by Pr0xY on 08-31-2004 at 04:48 AM

It was june of 2003, and I saw it on mess.be, it looked really kool.  I first downloaded it for the personal away messeging, and for the different stuff you could do with the font, like change colors and other good stuff like that. 

RE: How Long by Choli on 08-31-2004 at 01:57 PM

My friend told me about plus when it was 1.40 or so, and he said he used it for the away messages. At that time, I didn't have internet at home. When I got it, I installed 1.42b and that was my first version of Plus.

While plus 2 was announced I started to read the forums and one day I registered here. :)

RE: How Long by CookieRevised on 08-31-2004 at 02:45 PM

I never used msn messenger (never had a hotmail account), and I wanted to get rid of everything on my pc.... as useuall, it wasn't that "easy".... Some of my friends did use it, but I never saw the usefullness or fun it it...
While surfing I found out you could also register a non hotmail address as a netpassport. So I though, why not....
Then after a few weeks I wanted to know how things worked, started surfing and came to some dodgy msn messenger site. (Dunno which one it was, but it was in Spanish)... There they mentionned Plus! among some other tools. After trying out several things (and hating it) I came to Plus!.... I installed Plus 2.01.17

I appriciated the whole program and interface from the first moment and saw that it was realy different then all other things I tried (it was... well made :D imagine that :D)

since then.... I can't live without it...

since Plus! 2.5 or something I also started collecting old (and new) versions. (I have 94 versions atm :D)

RE: How Long by michael_m91 on 09-05-2004 at 01:09 AM

I think i got it 2 years ago when some friends told me it played sounds. Of cource it does more than that, but at the time that was enough for me to get Plus

RE: How Long by Chrono on 09-05-2004 at 01:20 AM

i have been using it since 1.42a, almost 3 years ago i think..
well u can read the whole story at the messenger plus community forums history thread :P

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
since Plus! 2.5 or something I also started collecting old (and new) versions. (I have 94 versions atm )
thats insane... i want them! :P
RE: How Long by lopardo on 09-05-2004 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I've used it since version 1.00 first beta. One of my multiple personalities told me to check out something another persona did the day before. I found it cool so I continued to use it.
:lol:

I don't remember where I found it, what I remember is that I started using it since version 1.something :) Later I joined the forums (in November 2002) and became a betatester for Plus 2, but unfortunately I couldn't test it as much as I wanted, damn school. I started to participate actively here about a year ago :)
RE: How Long by Pr0xY on 09-05-2004 at 03:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
since Plus! 2.5 or something I also started collecting old (and new) versions. (I have 94 versions atm )
Cookie has a Plus version fetish....thats kinky

RE: How Long by dotNorma on 09-05-2004 at 04:15 AM

I think I got like the very first 2.00 build from a friend.

I joined the forums to ask how to remove the sponsor one day and since then I have become the l33test son of a bitch poster ever. :tounge:

RE: How Long by Pr0xY on 09-05-2004 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NoName
l33test son of a bitch poster ever
l33test=geek...... right?  :P
RE: How Long by Kian on 09-05-2004 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Well, i'm just interesting, how long have you people been using messenger plus! and for what reasons did you download the extension and who told you about it.

Well I downloaded messenger plus late september, I downloaded it because Stigmata told me it was good.

Well - i have stored all the instalation-files for Plus! and the first one i ever got was 1.40b
As far as I can see there has been about 40 releases (as far as i got) of Plus! including BETAs (translators only)

I signed up for translater shortly after the announcment and was person number two in Danish...

Plus! 1.40b is dated juli 26. 2001 (in Product Version and Fileversion it says 1.24 - whats that?)

// Kian
Lets get one thing straight - i am not

I love Alanis Morissette this much:
|--------------------------------------------|

I love Bush this much:
|-|
RE: How Long by MSGPlusRox on 09-05-2004 at 02:49 PM

I started using it some time last summer if I remember right. I think an online friend recommended it.

RE: How Long by Dempsey on 09-06-2004 at 06:36 PM

ive been using Plus since about 1.42 and i registered on the forums to ask for help in making a plugin - Screenshot Sender :p

RE: How Long by riahc4 on 09-08-2004 at 09:01 PM

Ive been here since the first released Plus! and a year later i started lurking as riahc3 and started to post a few months later just a few days my account got f*cked and now im here as riahc4

RE: How Long by aNILEator on 09-08-2004 at 10:15 PM

i just found plus on a mad 'download everything on mess.be day' i think the next month messenger plus 2 came out and i was hooked :p