Shoutbox

Plugin Request PLZ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin Request PLZ (/showthread.php?tid=30709)

Plugin Request PLZ by flip` on 08-30-2004 at 01:50 PM

can n/e 1 make a plugin to see who are appearin offline... thx alot

RE: Plugin Request PLZ by user27089 on 08-30-2004 at 01:52 PM

THis isn't possible, msn have protection against this, although you can use a block checker for things like this, its just not possible.

RE: Plugin Request PLZ by bach_m on 08-30-2004 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
THis isn't possible, msn have protection against this, although you can use a block checker for things like this, its just not possible.

Block checkers DO NOT work
RE: Plugin Request PLZ by RaceProUK on 08-30-2004 at 02:12 PM

quote:
MessengerDiscovery can actually tell you when people sign in offline. I'm not sure how, but I have a vague idea how it works.
RE: Plugin Request PLZ by Millenium_edition on 08-30-2004 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
quote:

Block checkers DO NOT work
the one MD has does work. altough it is "block detection" and i can guarantee you it works :)
RE: Plugin Request PLZ by RaceProUK on 08-30-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flip`
can n/e 1 make a plugin to see who are appearin offline... thx alot
At no point does he request a block checker...
He merely wants a way of knowing who is aet to 'Appear Offline'.
This isn't actually possible though. The closest MD has is 'Sign in offline alert'.
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
the [block checker] MD has does work. altough it is "block detection" and i can guarantee you it works :)
Can you prove it works? As far as I know, blocking and appearing offline are treated as a signout by contacts. There's no way of telling the difference AFAIK.
RE: Plugin Request PLZ by Millenium_edition on 08-30-2004 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Can you prove it works? As far as I know, blocking and appearing offline are treated as a signout by contacts. There's no way of telling the difference AFAIK.
I can. If someone opens a convo with you and he's offline you're oviously being blocked. ;)
RE: Plugin Request PLZ by RaceProUK on 08-30-2004 at 06:05 PM

I think I can see what you mean too.
So there we have it. The closest to a block checker is MD's block detector. A true blockchecker however is impossible.

RE: Plugin Request PLZ by eckocomplex on 08-31-2004 at 10:06 AM

When a contact changes his/her status to appear offline (or signs out) you get a FLN command. If you get one of these when the contact is already offline well then he/she has signed in offline.

RE: Plugin Request PLZ by RaceProUK on 08-31-2004 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
MessengerDiscovery can actually tell you when people sign in offline. I'm not sure how, but I have a vague idea how it works.
quote:
Originally posted by eckocomplex
When a contact changes his/her status to appear offline (or signs out) you get a FLN command. If you get one of these when the contact is already offline well then he/she has signed in offline.
I thought so.