Shoutbox

Slow messenger help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Slow messenger help (/showthread.php?tid=30720)

Slow messenger help by user35870 on 08-30-2004 at 05:15 PM

I am running windows xp sp2 since i installed messenger plus 3.02 94 msn messenger has been running more slower

msn messenger 6.2 thanks

RE: Slow messenger by MC Inferno on 08-30-2004 at 05:27 PM

By ur clock have u got 17 running processes? have u got 3 lists of programs, most u dont use and dont even know what they are? when was the last time u deleted something? have a quick clean up of ur PC fist if this is you, most ppl hu ask this question r lke this y'see.

Welcome to the forums! (Y)

RE: Slow messenger by matty on 08-30-2004 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mnbvcxz
I am running windows xp sp2 since i installed messenger plus 3.02 94 msn messenger has been running more slower

msn messenger 6.2 thanks
How much physical RAM do you have in your computer.?
RE: Slow messenger by jren207 on 08-30-2004 at 05:44 PM

You need at least 512MB lol, don't listen to the minimum requirement of 128MB... :dodgy:

RE: Slow messenger by user35870 on 08-30-2004 at 06:05 PM

I have 1Gb of ram and have macfee, msn messenger,bigfix

RE: Slow messenger help by matty on 08-30-2004 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mnbvcxz
I have 1Gb of RAM LOL AND ONLY HAVE 3 ICONs RUNNINNG WHICH ARE mcafee n bigfix n msn messenger
Please note, icons in the systray are not an indication of how many programs are actually running. Applications can run in the background and not visible to the user. The true way of finding out how many are running is to press Control + Alt + Delete, in Windows 98/ME you will be givin a box showing which applications are running, in Windows 2k/XP/2k3 you click the processes tab and it will show how many are actually running. (Or in the bottom left corner it will say Processes: #)

Which Plugins do you have installed for Messenger Plus!?

Also Windows XP SP2 is known to slow down a computer more then an update should.