Shoutbox

Anonymous msn bot - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Anonymous msn bot (/showthread.php?tid=30733)

Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 08-30-2004 at 11:24 PM

Hi,
I made a msn bot to send anonymous messages to another msn user, and the receiver can even reply!
for example:

quote:
User says:
hi
anonymessage bot says:
With who do you want to start an anonymous conversation? (enter an email address plz)
User says:
testtest@hotmail.com
anonymessage bot says:
You can now type your message you want to send to testtest@hotmail.com
User says:
Hello

---- at the other side: (testtest@hotmail.com)
anonymessage bot says:
Someone sends you an anonymous message! Feel free to reply:
    Hello
testtest says:
who are you?

---- at the other side: (user)
anonymessage bot says:
testtest Replies:
    who are you?

Got the idea?
Atm it's a beta version, but feel free to test it: add anonymessage [at] msgweb [dot] nl

Of course the other user ('victim') must have the option 'Only persons in my accept list can send me messages' turned OFF....

bug atm: user sometimes must send 2 messages at the beginning of the anonymous conv. else the 'victim' won't be able to reply...
RE: Anonymous msn bot by RebelSean on 08-30-2004 at 11:26 PM

I tried to add the person and it says he/she dont have a passport :undecided:

Nice bot! It works for me now! Good Job.. Now I can scare people with it ahahahaha lol (y).

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 08-30-2004 at 11:26 PM

check your spelling :S

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Abz2k4 on 08-31-2004 at 12:36 AM

lol cool idea for a bot, it's great for p***ing people off

RE: Anonymous msn bot by marissa on 08-31-2004 at 04:42 AM

hm, i wondering if you could change the name for this bot to anything the user may like. So if i wanted to name it "fred" i could be like "!nick fred" and it would go "annonmous bot has changed his name to Fred" then you could mkae it more fun;p I dont know:) cool bot

Edit; and does your contact have to have this bot too>

RE: Anonymous msn bot by chris on 08-31-2004 at 05:04 AM

I told it to send a message to me and now everytime i try to say something to it it just says the same thing back to me:O is there  a way to change the email it sends stuff to? also if the person blocks the bot is there multiple accounts it sends messages with?

RE: Anonymous msn bot by marissa on 08-31-2004 at 05:10 AM

close the window and re-open it to change the email you're sending to.

RE: Anonymous msn bot by cooldude_i06 on 08-31-2004 at 07:03 AM

wow noelie, im becoming a great fan of ur work, first annoy mail sender and now this - AWESOME JOB (Y).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

BIG BUG: When I send an anonymessage to a person, they receive the message, but then the bot asks them if they want to send a anonymessage to someone else if they try to reply back. This kinda wrecks the point. Neways i know ul get it fixed.

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Skitz on 08-31-2004 at 07:34 AM

may i ask wherez the link for this bot?

RE: Anonymous msn bot by marissa on 08-31-2004 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by noelie
Atm it's a beta version, but feel free to test it: add anonymessage [at] msgweb [dot] nl

Just add that address to your msn, the [at] will be @ and of course [dot] will be > . <
RE: Anonymous msn bot by Millenium_edition on 08-31-2004 at 10:14 AM

like the anonymous mailer, it will probably be misused =/ i personally wouldn't reply if i didn't know who it is on the other side

RE: RE: Anonymous msn bot by Abz2k4 on 08-31-2004 at 10:15 AM

EDIT:

quote:
BIG BUG: When I send an anonymessage to a person, they receive the message, but then the bot asks them if they want to send a anonymessage to someone else if they try to reply back. This kinda wrecks the point. Neways i know ul get it fixed.

Yea i noticed that bug too, also the email adress of the bot kinda gives it away, it shouldn't be something related to anonybot to really confuse people.
RE: RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 08-31-2004 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06

Look at my first post:
quote:
Originally posted by Noelie
bug atm: user sometimes must send 2 messages at the beginning of the anonymous conv. else the 'victim' won't be able to reply...
I knew it happens sometimes but I really had to go to sleep :P, will be fixed
quote:
Originally posted by Marissa
close the window and re-open it to change the email you're sending to
Could be right too dunno :$, but when you don't say something for 1 min it will stop the conversation. Anyway, I'll add something like a !main or !exit command :)
quote:
hm, i wondering if you could change the name for this bot to anything the user may like. So if i wanted to name it "fred" i could be like "!nick fred" and it would go "annonmous bot has changed his name to Fred" then you could mkae it more fun;p I dont know cool bot
Nice idea but I don't think it's possible with the protocol, I'll check the forums, maybe I heard of a plugin that could do this :O
quote:
and does your contact have to have this bot too?
nope, but as said:
quote:
Originally posted by Noelie
Of course the other user ('victim') must have the option 'Only persons in my accept list can send me messages' turned OFF....

That should be it for now :P
RE: Anonymous msn bot by Millenium_edition on 08-31-2004 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Nice idea but I don't think it's possible with the protocol, I'll check the forums, maybe I heard of a plugin that could do this
you can use the P4-Context header in your messages to change the nick of your bot ;)
RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 08-31-2004 at 11:31 AM

anymore resources on that?

edit: the 'BIG BUG' thing should now be fixed ;)

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Millenium_edition on 08-31-2004 at 12:16 PM

http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/research/msnc1.php

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 08-31-2004 at 12:29 PM

mmm thx. But I don't know for sure whether I should do this due to abuse of the bot etcetera. I think I prefer the way the bot works now. I changed some things and the 'victim' will get a message like this:

quote:
Hi there! I'm a bot for MSN Messenger made by http://www.msgweb.nl. Someone starts an anonymous conversation with you! The next messages I send to you are sent by him/her. Everything you'll reply will be passed through to the anonymous person!
Please report any abuse to abuse[at]msgweb[dot]nl

RE: Anonymous msn bot by CookieRevised on 08-31-2004 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
like the anonymous mailer, it will probably be misused =/
indeed, and the first condidate to be banned from the bot:

quote:
Originally posted by Abz2k4
lol cool idea for a bot, it's great for p***ing people off
also the email adress of the bot kinda gives it away, it shouldn't be something related to anonybot to really confuse people.

This isn't made for abuse or to confuse people.... tbh, if you mean what you said, then people like you are the ones that makes these services annoying and hated by everyone...

I can think of many normal and decent uses for this service, but noooooo, people abuse it to the point were the service will be taken down...
RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 08-31-2004 at 01:31 PM

Totally right CR, it isn't made to abuse people, that's why I made the welcome message for 'victims' (don't know another word for them :P)
It's meant to be used for situations you want to tell someone things without letting them know who you are. (like 'I love you but I'm to shy to tell who I am :P' or 'I don't want to piss you off but you've got a bad breath ;)') And of course you may have some fun with it, as long as it's funny for both of you.

RE: Anonymous msn bot by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 03:09 AM

Tbh, I used Poligamy, I sent a message to xxrebelseanxx@gmail.com from sexy_devil103[at]hotmail.com[dot]com and I didn't receive anything :undecided:

RE: Anonymous msn bot by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 06:14 AM

yeah, i agree the "victim" should get a message about whats going on. this bot is great to see if someone is ignoring you. also sorry to bombard u with bugs but heres another one

BIGGER BUG: After entering email address, this message appears,
"Can't locate Email/Valid.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at newconv.im line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at newconv.im line 2."

but i know ul get it fixed soon (Y)

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 08:39 AM

whoops, sorry about that, it's fixed now :)

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
didn't receive anything
polygamy hasn't got anything to do with that, check whether you've got the option unchecked in the privacy tab....
RE: Anonymous msn bot by RebelSean on 09-01-2004 at 12:21 PM

quote:
\

polygamy hasn't got anything to do with that, check whether you've got the option unchecked in the privacy tab....

It is unchecked tbh, :undecided:

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 01:29 PM

try again :S

RE: Anonymous msn bot by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 07:18 PM

works great (Y), but u might wanna add that !exit fuction because it takes forever to change the contact u wanna talk with

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 07:24 PM

yeah sorry, I will do that tomorrow I guess :)

RE: Anonymous msn bot by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 07:54 PM

sorry to inform u but the BIG BUG is still there, the victim still cannot respond and instead the bot starts asking him if he wants to send messages to another user. the victim can only receive messages, not send them back

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 08:08 PM

mmmm weird, works at my place and with the people I tested it. It could be because I was working on the bot (quit & exit commands now added), so please try again (A)

RE: Anonymous msn bot by marissa on 09-01-2004 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cooldude_i06

works great , but u might wanna add that !exit fuction because it takes forever to change the contact u wanna talk with

but why not just close the winodw?:S that works too.
RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 08:23 PM

everyone is used to typing quit to a bot :p

RE: Anonymous msn bot by marissa on 09-01-2004 at 08:30 PM

ah i see...i think you've motivated me to make something such as this, a plugin or something:p Nice work!

RE: Anonymous msn bot by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2004 at 10:05 PM

nice it works now!!! I think u should work on this and add more features.
I also think u should advertise the bot when the user quits the convo, and not when it starts

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 10:56 PM

mmm, like letting the otherside know what kind of coversation this was at the end instead of at the beginning? I'll think about that...
suggest some other features :p

Marissa, what are you planning to make :O?

RE: Anonymous msn bot by marissa on 09-01-2004 at 11:04 PM

I dont know, because i dont know how to make anything...at all. So ill have to learn the...stuff:p But a lot of the plug in makers have motivated me into learning/making things:)

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-01-2004 at 11:21 PM

cool, pm me if you need any help sometime :)

back ontopic now guys ;)

RE: Anonymous msn bot by cooldude_i06 on 09-02-2004 at 05:04 AM

hey the bot is offline now for some reason, do u host it on ur own pc?

RE: Anonymous msn bot by Yousef on 09-02-2004 at 06:55 AM

yeah, I'll host it on my website soon :)