Shoutbox

Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses (/showthread.php?tid=30778)

Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses by PenguinBoy on 08-31-2004 at 05:27 PM

If u don't have a msn or hotmail e-mail address, msn enforces upon you the lack of display name. i know we can change the display name because of our personalised status option and i would very much like to have a display name with my newly attained gmail

Is there any chance of implementing this in the next msg plus, or in a plug in?

Would it be difficlult to include?

thanx

RE: Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses by .blade// on 08-31-2004 at 05:41 PM

Um...that isn't needed - all you need to do is verify your gmail through a .net passport email verification. I have NEVER had a M$ email and ALWAYS had a display name :P

RE: Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses by Kryptonate on 08-31-2004 at 05:57 PM

you can register your gmail address at www.passport.net :)

RE: Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses by Smethead on 08-31-2004 at 06:55 PM

No, you need a .NET passport to sign in but to change your nickname with a non-MS e-mail adress, you have to verify your e-mail adress by pressing File > Verify my E-mail Adress...

RE: Display name and non microsoft e-mail addresses by PenguinBoy on 09-02-2004 at 08:11 PM

oh

i verified it a while ago, but it didn't work, dno what was up, but i reinstalled messenger and it's all good now